Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Does anyone know anything about IHOP? My friend is there and they are just beginning a consecrated season that lasts four months where people basically have to isolate themselves from their family and friends. He said that he is going to be checking his fb once a week and that is the only time he will be communicating with people back home.

This worries me for two reasons:

1. Forced isolation can be a form of spiritual manipulation and abuse.
2. It can also perpetuate arrogance; like "I'm too spiritual to talk to you. I only want to talk to Jesus."

Does anyone know anything about IHOP? Also, how can I tell him that I'm concerned without sounding judgmental?|||Has the leader of this pancake house of god declared himself the second coming yet? If so, try to get a date for the apocalypse. I'm trying to fill my dance card.|||If it is forced, didn't your friend agree to this arrangement? People who agree to sign up for this are responsible for their choices. You can hardly blame IHOP.
Pride comes before a fall. Yes, your friend may decide he is to spiritual to talk to you if he spends a lot of time with God over a period of time. You may have different callings.
There are seasons to life. Most of the people I know who are involved in IHOP come out with a commitment to prayer and a knowledge of who they are . If they are hyper spiritual this changes as life happens to them.
If you have a crush on your friend or feel you are losing them , know this is temporary.
Mostly the young people just talk about grace, drink good coffee and hang out and pray and worship a lot.
I know a lot about IHOP. I used to attend when there were only twenty people in the prayer room.|||I know of a different IHOP. They have really good pancakes.

火车采集器
  • bento
  • christian book
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment