Thursday, February 9, 2012

I want to see if my reason for suing my school district is a legit reason, or would it be laughed out of the courts.

Recently my English teacher gave a prompt to write about in class like normal. She said these were our opinions and that they would be shared with NO ONE. (she never wrote that down on a official document, but all the classmates I talked to remember her saying it.) The topics that we wrote about were "how do you think war is like?" and "do you think it's honorable to die for your country?" I wrote how I felt but sort of in a goofy manner, thinking that these were opinions and that ONLY one person would read them.

For the first question I basically said that "war sucks and smells bad and alot of crap everywhere and alot of peoples heads in toilets", the toilet part was in reference to a form of waterboarding where they shove the POW's head in the toilet until he talks. On the second question I took a more sarcastic approach saying " that dying for your country is outrages, it's more honorable to die for your "gang brotha's" or maybe cause McDonalds ran out of fries. But dying for your country is just silly." Both of my answers had more in it, but nothing that would be considered offensives or obscene. Not only did she share this with other teachers but she called me out about it in front of my peers and quoted some things I put in front of them. Now I feel that some people may feel that I'm unpatriotic even though I was just being sarcastic with my opinion PLUS I was under the impression that no one else would see it. To make matters worse she's going to turn it over to the school administration, which means even more people will see it, and she wants to get me in trouble.

I have the highest grade in that class, and I have received scholarship opportunities from several different colleges. I'm even planning to go out of state to further my education next year. I think this mess can possibly ruin my plans, even though this should've been private. Ever since she confronted me about this it's been hard for me to sleep, and i'm deffiantly not eating as much as I did before this event. I already mentioned how I feel that my peers may look at me in a negative light due to this. Plus I've noiced that i'm more disrespectful to my other teachers now as a way to get some sort of revenge, and because I feel that the teaching staff has in a way betrayed me.

A major issue that is defiantly bothering me is another journal topic that we wrote earlier in the year. The topic was "Tell about something that really bothered you, that made you felt hopeless, like there was nothing you could do". With that topic coming a few days after a good friend of mine got raped, and that was the only thing going through my head I took that time to write about that. She also stated that time that NO ONE else would read these and you can't get in trouble for what you put. What if she also shared that story with other staff members or anyone? That topic had ALOT of personal stuff on it that I thought NO ONE else would see.

When I was told that I was going to get in trouble for my war opinions, that night I was up until 3:30am looking for the journal topic about my friends rape to see if she has given it back to me. I looked in my car, all my back packs that i've used this year, folders, and even my recycle box in my room, and I could'nt find it. I layed down until 7:00am (wake up time for me) just thinking what if she still had it. I'm really worried that she still has it, or someone else has it. The fact that I don't know where that really personal paper is at really has been eating me up ever since she confronted me about my opinions. I'm constantly freaking out, my work ethic at my job has dramatically dropped, and I even find myself giving away most of my shifts so I can just lay down at home and freak out. Plus, i'm to nervous, embarassed, or scared to go up to her and ask if she still has that journal topic, and if so can she give it back to me.

So my question is, is there legal action I can take to bring some sort of justice? First of all I don't see how we can get in trouble for our opinions, maybe at most an F on the assignment but not in serious trouble. Secondly, she broke her word when she told us that no one else would read these.

If my case does stand any chance what type of lawyer should I look into?

By the way, sorry for the bad grammar and spelling. I typed this on a Iphone so it always tries to predict what i'm going to type or what I meant to type, plus its hard to scroll back up and proof read all of this.|||You can sue anybody for anything. You can spit into the wind too.|||First of all, if you are not yet 18 years old, you do not get to sue anyone. Your parent or guardian may do so, but with this set of facts it seems unlikely that you would win.

If you are 18 or older, consult an attorney to see if there is a winnable case. (Again, it does not appear to be a good case.)

By the way, being against war is not at all unpatriotic. Persons from Mark Twain to Martin Luther King, Jr., to Senator John Kerry to Congressman Dennis Kucinch have opposed wars. If you love your country, you have a duty to oppose illegal wars or wars that are against the best interests of the United States.|||You would be laughed out of court. If you said something profound or noble that would be one thing, but you didn't. You wrote a bunch of juvenile garbage and I would have given you an F. And by the way, they don't shove people's heads in toilets for waterboarding. Not even close.|||You aren't being persecuted because of your opinions. If anything, you are facing ridicule because you behaved like an *** when confronted with a serious subject.

No, you do not have any cause for a lawsuit, even if minors could sue over something like this.

火车采集器
  • breakfast pizza
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment