Monday, February 6, 2012

I am in college full time. If I continue on course, I will graduate in 2012 with a bachelors in education. As of right now, I work at McDonalds where I have been for two years. They are becoming increasingly hard to work with as far as scheduling goes (they outright refuse to put me on night shift when I have day classes. I wind up just taking a big cut in hours.) I only work three days a week at minimum wage with no chance of promotion or making more than $8/hour. Unfortunately, I also have two babies at home so I'm a full time mom. THeir dad works, too but he's in the same boat as me. He's got only 1 year left until he gets his bachelors. He works the same job for the same wages.
For two quarters I've kept up my A average and remained working as much as I'm allowed. Unfortunately, my grades are slipping because I keep missing class to work. McDonald's and my college scheduling conflicts have cut my income so bad I've had to accept food stamps just to survive on the less than $1000 a month combined income me and my husband have.

So, my question is this. Which is the better thing to do in my situation? Quit my job and focus on school? Increase my hours at work and just slide by with a C average when I know I can do As? I have to keep 12 credit hours to maintain financial aid and scholarship status. Help me decide, please?|||Maybe you should start looking for another job that will work with your schedule. Perhaps transfer to a different McDonalds. I know it may be hard but if you put your mind to it you can manage it all. I took 18 credit hours every semester, cheerleaded, was on dance team, in a sorority, in an honor society, two clubs, helped my single mon with my two siblings, worked full time AND parttime- all at once.

My suggestion to you is to find a job that will schedule around your classes, continue to work hard in school, and if you have a church, maybe get your kids involved into any free afterschool porgrams they may have so that you can study. It is hard, but the work will pay off!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment