Friday, February 17, 2012

I am wanting to become emancipated from my parents this summer. I am a 17 year old girl and am just finishing my junior year in high school. Over five months ago, my dad and I got in a huge fight and he smacked me in the face. That day he also said he wanted to kick me out of the house and I heard him say to my mom that he "wanted to get rid of me, put me in foster care." The next morning my grandma who had heard what happened came and picked me up because she wanted me to be away from my dad for a bit. I packed most of my things and my mom gave consent for me to leave. The next day I checked my bank account and my dad had taken $850 from me. 100% of the money in that joint account was mine from working at McDonald's. I have been living with my nana for five months now. I have tried to communicate with my mom, but she keeps insisting that I call and apologize to my dad. I do not want to talk to my dad, as he is the one who hit me and had threatened to before previously and I am in fear of him. However, a few months ago, I set up a counseling meeting with the school counselor and left a message for my dad a week before telling him that I loved him, I was sorry, I wanted to start over, and that I wanted him to come to this counseling meeting. My dad did not show up. This hurt me deeply. I have not talked to my dad at all. I went on a field trip to Oregon State University for an Engineering Expo and I had my nana sign the permission slip because she is my emergency contact and I really wanted to go. My dad found out I went and went to the school and complained. I got called down to the principal's office the next week and after the principal was done with me, I guess my parents came in to ask "how it went." What hurts me is that they are not communicating with me and I ended up getting a detention for having my nana sign the slip even though the principal felt horrible about giving it to me. I know this is running way on the long side, but I was wondering if I am eligible for emancipation.
I want to get emancipated so that I will not miss out on any opportunities such as scholarships, field trips, and college admissions my upcoming senior year that may require a parent's signature. I have no desire to return with my parents. My nana has taken care of me, but I have been supporting myself through my job. I pay for my phone bill which is sixty dollars per month. I make about $500 per month. I am academically in perfect shape, my cumulative GPA is 3.97 and I am in all college level classes. I want to get emancipated so that my father does not damage my chance at a bright future, please tell me your advice. I am curious.|||With an income of $500.00 a month,you have zero chance at emancipation. To be emancipated,you have to have enough income to pay for all your living expenses entirely on your own. Enough income for rent on an apartment,utilities,food,clothing,insura鈥?and all other living expenses. Emancipation is about self support. You cannot rely on someone else or the government for part of your support and still be emancipated.
In reality,if you are already 17,by the time your case got to court you would have already turned 18.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment