Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I can't afford college, I got good grades, volunteered, was involved in school but the scholarships didn't cover enough and I didn't recieve enough financial aid. I also don't have any money saved up for school (I'm the youngest in my family so there's none left, plus the economic situation doesn't help), so I'm pretty much screwed into going anywhere. I thought about community college but I really can't live at home anymore. I want desperately to travel and do something important. I've contemplated joining the military but it's something my entire family is opposed to. Besides the military, what are alternatives for high school grads that don't cost money? I'm interested in volunteering, I've looked at sites like Americorps already. Any other organizations? Internships? Oppurtunities?
I'm not looking for advice such as getting a job at McDonalds, I'm already aware of that :)
But if you have any ideas of jobs that would get me out of Wisconsin, and doing something meaningful, possibly exciting, let me know,
Thanks!
Some of my interests are english, writing, art, politics, international affairs, and french. But I'm open to anything|||Dollar for dollar you simply can't beat the Community Colleges.
Yes, I know it's difficult to live at home. At least you perceive it that way right now, but you'll be so busy you will barely notice. Or alternatively, can you live with grandparents, or aunts and uncles, or an adult family member like a great-aunt, etc. With the economy at this low ebb, you probably will not find an optimum job. So, this is the best time of your life to continue your education. Jobs are available for math teachers, in financial positions, and in health care and projections are above average for those related careers.|||you know, it's not like you have to pay in cash up front.

i mean, you can get loans.

but there is no such thing as an alternative to college. you can join the military for 4 years, if you like, and then go on the GI Bill, i suppose - and if your family doesn't like it, then tell them that they're free to keep you out of the army by stopping their bitching and writing a check like a decent family would (there are loans for parents, too).|||What if you tried the state schools? I live in California and we have CalStates and the UCs. You can get just as good as an education at a CalState as the UCs. It's cheaper, they offer on campus living, and you could get loans, etc. Good luck :)|||The Peace Corps (though they tend to prefer college graduates) or the Student Conservation Association

You could also get a job that doesn't require a degree (not McDonalds!) and save up and then get a degree. Some options:
--Air traffic controller (annual income is about $102,030!!!)
--Real estate broker
--Physical therapist assistant
--Pharmacy technician
--Police officer/firefighter
Or just type into google: jobs + no collee degree



But perhaps there are ways to get money to go to college? Check this out:
http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/college鈥?/a>
And also you can get grants, scholarships, and and loans...

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment