Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I feel like a failure. My sister graduated High School with a 4.5 and my Dad was an excellent student in school who got a full ride.My mom was a good student as well and got a good scholarship and im not. Im going to be a junior and I have a 2.7. I feel like im just stupid. I try really hard. Honestly I do homework with no distractions and really focus on it and always give a good effort but i think im just dumb.I study hard and never go to bed until my work is done. Usually around 11:30.Everytime I comeback with my report card and it sucks i kept trying to keep a positive attitude and say if I keep working hard things will turn around but it never does. My friends all do hw in front of the TV with plenty of distractions and they have 4.0's.My dream has always been to go to a good college, get a job and raise a family like most americans but i dont know anymore. Again i kept trying to keep a good attitude but after 2 years I think its time to call it quits and go get a job at Mcdonald's or something and live my life that way on a part time job being really poor because i guess thats just what im meant for. Do you think its time for me to think realistically and give up and start dealing with reality and get a job?|||as long as you are trying your best then there is nothing else you can do. For some people it is just a lot easier for them, and your friends that have 4.0s might try less hard than you do, but still have better grades simply because they are just naturally smarter. No one can make fun of you if you are trying your hardest, it just means that you are naturally dumb and no one can change that. It's worse when you have potential and are smart (like some people I know) but then they just slack off and don't care about school even though they could be smart if they wanted to...|||Your Community College has super career options that lead to really good careers. Consider visiting them, You aren't a failure. Just give yourself a break. Not everyone is 4.0 material.|||A 2.7 means you aren't dumb. Maybe you're not as good at schoolwork as your sister, but you aren't dumb. You'll only be dumb if you continue to think of yourself as dumb. You are who you define yourself to be - if you say you are dumb, then you will be dumb. But you aren't dumb - so why say that you are?

Are all of your grades in the C-B range? Which subjects do you tend to do best at? Those are your strengths. Pay attention to that, and in college, focus your studies more toward your strengths.

And no, you aren't going to get into Harvard. But you would get into the vast majority of colleges in the US. It's not about whether or not you'll get in - it's about identifying the schools that fit your GPA and SATs, and applying to them. So you won't get into Harvard - so what. You probably would get into Arizona State U, U Kansas, U Houston Downtown, U Texas El Paso, Walla Walla U, U Maine Augusta, U Wyoming, Evergreen State College (WA), Franklin Pierce U, U Oklahoma, Valparaiso U, and a million other colleges. It's not will you get into college that's the question - it's which ones will you get into.

So if you want to go to college, go. There is nothing stopping you.|||Probably college is not for you, but you can still make a good life for yourself in the trades.

After High School, start an apprenticeship in one of the decent trades. You'll need to find an employer/sponsor. Perhaps "uncles" can help get you in somewhere.
If you can't find a sponsor to start, take a 6~12 month "pre-apprenticeship" course at one of the local colleges.

There is no shame in being a Master Craftsman 鈥?say, a Machinist or Tool & Die Maker.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment