Thursday, February 9, 2012

I graduated high school a week ago.
On track to attend UCLA.

HOWEVER

I have no money
I have no car.
I have no inside connections for a job.

I applied to 37 businesses (i've been keeping track) starting from about 3 weeks ago. I regularly phone-call and visit the human resources/hiring office located in each store. I've received no calls or offers. I've applied to Mcdonalds, Dollar Tree, janitorial companies,...etc. heck i'd even work in the fields picking tomatoes like i heard Americans won't do (but haven't found anywhere hiring for that).



My family is too poor to pay for my college, and too rich to qualify for grants for college. I am a good student however, not outstanding enough to qualify for academic scholarships. Also, too Anglo-Saxon for athletic scholarships. Called the financial aid office but they won't adjust me for diddly squat and i only got $3000 of federal loans offered towards $30,000 tuition and fees.

What to do......

I don't have a lot of hope. If i couldn't find a job there'd be no way to pay for college. (Obviously not pay for it all, or atleast a good portion. but set a trend for me and get me atleast money to eat)

New Choices:
Join the military? Immigrate to a more prosperous country? Sell bone marrow?|||See if your local college accepts CLEP credits. If it does, then take the CLEP and test out of the requirements you are missing for your AA or AS from the community college. Then after you have your degree in hand, consider signing up for the Air Force. Put in your 20 years, and pursue your education. You can then retire from the armed forces and seek out your second career.|||No way! That sucks. If you have family in Australia you could stay over there . . Theirs plenty of jobs there. Some of my friends did that during the winter. Get a really good CV/resume. That's a major factor in getting a job. Don't give up! You should defiantly try to get to college. And ucla is good. Best of luck anyway!|||If you think going to college will bring you greater success in the future (which it most likely will), then why don't you take out a student loan? I know it sucks having to pay interest, but in the long haul, it'll most likely be worth it.|||I have a business opportunity for you that could help you out a lot. you may or may not be interested but I'd love for you to check it out. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in just shoot me an email. cshark2000@yahoo.com|||Go to college like you're planning, get free food at food drives, take the bus to college and focus on your college. Then you can continue applying for work, maybe try babysitting and you will succeed. You sound very bright.|||What about a cheaper school? Or even a vocational college?|||Yeah go to community college and it is much cheaper get an AA then transfer, its that simple do not be in debt until ur 40 going to college|||fastweb.com
apply to scholarships...there's a lot out there online.

Keep looking for jobs, I agree it's hard to find one these days, but it won't be good to give up now.

If the tuition is too much, then I would defer my admission or something and take community college classes that will transfer (talk to your academic advisor) and then go back next year.
It'll save you a ton of money, and you'll also be able to maybe work on the side.

Good luck to you.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment