Friday, February 3, 2012

I have worked at McDonald's for about a year and a half now. But in the fall I am planning on attending college. They have a scholarship, and for the scholarship I need to get a letter of recommendation. I am thinking of asking my boss because I feel she has the best idea of my skills and work ethic. However, I know she is a very busy person.

What is the best way to ask her for a recommendation letter?|||First, look at your relationship with your boss. Make sure you two are on good terms, and consider any problems you may have had in the past. Remember, someone can agree to write the recommendation letter, but it may not be positive.

No problems? Then asking your boss is a good idea. Next, you need to approach her. Since she is busy, ask her face-to-face when a good time to talk to her would be. Tell her briefly that it is about a recommendation, which will give her a chance to think it over, giving her a chance to possibly decide if she can even do it. If she can, work around HER schedule to meet up. Remember, this is about asking her for a favor, so you have to cater to her needs.

Finally, make sure you give a reasonable amount of notice to your boss. You want a good, well thought-out letter, so give her a convenient amount of time to work with. For a short letter, two weeks is okay, but to be truly professional, a month is better. Make sure to check back with her about a week or so before the scholarship application is due.

Best of luck!|||Ask her like this "Can I see you for a few minutes when you are on break, it's something important."
Then, she will remember you and be ready to answer your request properly.
When she is ready, you can ask her about how she/he feels her about her performance as a worker.
As a follow up, you should bring up about your future plan and ask him/her if she can write the recommendation letter for you.

Ask her respectfully step by step....|||Yes. You should ask your boss. She'd be the perfect person to ask. Just make time to talk to her in person one day and ask: "Hi boss, I'm applying for a scholarship and was wondering if you'd mind writing a letter of recommendation for me. I'd really appreciate it. It would be a big help."

I'm sure she would be delighted.|||Just ask here face to face.
If she know you are a good worker she will make the time.
Ask either after work or in the beginning of her shift.|||"Would you write me a letter of recommendation before I leave for college?"|||go to her and ask her or him nicely

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment