Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm 16, and I would like to quit school. I know I would be subjecting myself to a life time of customer service work, and would most likely shame my family, but I can't seem to care. For the last three years I have skipped the majority of my classes, done only the bare minimum of homework, and flat-out refused to participate in class. Despite all this, I have scraped by each year, sometimes even earning honors. I have lost faith in both myself and Washington's public school system. I realize that a lot of respondents will tell me the importance of finishing high school, and going to college- but getting a piece of paper does not suddenly make me more intelligent, nor raise my self esteem. Regardless of whether or not I actually finish high school, I am going to end up working for minimum wage. I could rant about the government and 'the man' wanting to keep me in poverty, but the truth is that I'm just unmotivated. Our country needs sheep to herd, and people to take orders at
McDonald's. It is unrealistic to think that every child can grow up and become to Doctor and an Actress. Several years ago, a received a scholarship (which my parents expect me to use in the near future). I would have the first four years of my college tuition payed for, as well as my books and on-campus housing. I would like to say this encourages me to work hard, but it doesn't. It just serves to remind me that I am not as stupid as everyone seems to think.
Your opinion? Would you look down on a waitress without a high school diploma, as opposed to a waitress with an English degree?|||The first four years of tuition and books and housing paid! And you want to drop out? What a waste. That is my opinion, which is what you asked for.
A waitress with no diploma or degree stays a waitress. One with a degree has options.|||Jeez, you're such a pessimist. xD you shouldn't have that kind of mindset about your future. If you never try, how do you expect to get anywhere?

It is true that not everyone can become very successful, but that doesn't mean nobody can. Do you really want to end up living a life where you have to live paycheck to paycheck, hardly being able to get by? You might not even be able to afford to pay for basic things like car payments, internet, or decent clothes, without the help of your parents (who will probably get tired of supporting someone, who won't even try, at some point). And not every dropout ends up like that, but a lot seem to do.

I'm guessing at the moment, you're living a pretty comfortable life, or at least not in poverty. Or else you wouldn't consider this kind of lifestyle an option. If I were you, I would definitely stay in school, because you sound like you actually have potential. And a scholarship like that is an opportunity a lot of people wish they had. And I agree, earning that diploma doesn't make you smarter, but it DOES give you more options.

All in all, its up to you to figure out what you want to do with your life. Don't live your life because your parents or whoever tell you that's how you should, do what you believe you should do. And know that you are your own responsibility, and how you end up is completely dependent on you and what you choose to do and no one else. And no, I wouldn't look down on anyone, no matter their occupation or education.|||So many successful people have dropped out of high school! It's your choice whether you want to continue your education or not, but you need to make sure you're doing it for the right reasons, and not just because you don't enjoy school, or find it boring. Before you make the choice ask yourself what you want to do in the future, because if there's even a slight chance you might want to do something like be a lawyer or doctor ect. then you should consider staying in education.

I would not look down on a waitress without a high school diploma, people should not be judged on their education, but i would however wonder whether they regret not finishing high school and receiving their diploma.

You said that your scholarship reminded you that you're not as stupid as everyone seems to think, why do they think you're stupid? If you have a scholarship it would be a shame to waste such a good opportunity for yourself.

Overall, I honestly think you may be making a mistake and could end up regretting your decision unless you think about this properly. Talk to your parents about it, but only for advice and to at least let them have their say, but don't ask for their permission because obviously that's unlikely to happen! Think long and hard about this and consider how your future could be affected by this choice. I wish you all the best!|||You're -with this step- introducing yourself to the world of faliure !
Your ambitions -if you had in the first place- would be limited an has no major effect on your life !
You have survived 10 years at school , you can handle two extra years !
You should get your diploma then your vision about your future will be clear .
In this phase of your life , you can be reckless , can't make the right decisions ,and your sight for the future is vague.
So calm down and think carefully before doing this :)|||well if you drop out get your ged and god to a comatie collage but dont drop out you can do anything you waant

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment