Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thank you for answering my question, you gave the best advice so...

I am going to arrange a dinner and invite my family and I am just going to lay it down on the table, I'm going to let them know that there is going to be no more of milking me for money, all giving stops here,NO MORE! and the best way that I am going to help them is to do NOTHING! and that I WILL NO LONGER PICK UP THIS FAMILY"S TAB!!!, I'm going to tell my brothers that I will sell there houses and give them the money from the houses! and as for my mother I am going to let her know that her house is paid for but if she wants to we can sell her house for a smaller house and she can have the left over money but I will no longer be giving her 3500 a month and I will only be giving her 1000 a month and I will still pay any taxes on the house, light's, water and phone ( I think that's fair, she is my mother + she's not a gold digger)

You also suggested that we invest with our money, and we are and have: we have four condos that was also an inheritance, we remodeled from inside to out and we make about 15,200 month from those which is about 182,400 a year give or take a little.

We are also in the process of buying three condo's here in nashville and they are brand new which we will be renting for 4000 a month so that estimated value is 144,000 a year, my point is we are investing so that we can always have flowing income. And as far as finding someone we can trust with our money is NOBODY, we trust no one! My husbands dad is an investment banker/ Broker so he gives all the free advice we need.

And our other plans for this year is to open a night club and restaurants with New Orleans inspired food.
My husband want's to open a couple of McDonalds ? what do you think about that? I want a chain of snow ball stands!( I grew up in new orleans)
I am also about giving back! We mostly give back to New Orleans community because that's our roots so we give to the public school systems there and something that I am very proud of is the McMillians Nursing School foundation which is a nursing program that is free for High School students who want to pursue a Nursing Career and may not be able to afford to go to College other wise!( it's a great program) that allows grades 9 - 12 with a 3.5 GPA to start nursing school! and this is college credits!!! and after graduation of high school 100% of our students receive academic scholarships to go on to the best nursing schools in the US!

SUZI I would love your input so get back to me. Thank you!|||By investing, I didn't necessarily mean in rental units. The problem with buying house/condo and renting it out is that others don't have the same regard for your property as you do. While you can make some good money that way, there are too many out there that won't pay, and/or damage the places. Besides, I am not sure that I would keep investing in homes, especially because this is such a down time for the housing market. It can go down much more, and probably will.

I did not tell you to trust Suze with your money, just to ask her what best thing to do with it is. www.suzeorman.com Catch her show on CNBC. It is just asking her opinion, as she has been a financial advisor for years and is on our side, so to speak.

How long ago did your hubby inherit the money? She said recently, and I have heard this from others before also, never to do anything for at least the first year but keep the money safe. Investigate what your options are so you can think it out thoroughly and do the best thing for the two of you.

I applaud your public schools and McMillians Nursing School Foundation work. Had never heard about that program before, but I think it is VERY worthwhile. You are helping them get a good foundation towards an excellent career. Children are our future and those with only a high school education (or less) are only hurting themselves. I had very high grades, but couldn't afford college years ago myself. Went into the Army, then used my GI bill to pay for college.

Night Club?? Restaurants?? McDonalds?? Snow Ball Stands (never heard of them, but they sure do sound cool!)?? I say if you weren't in business for yourself before, to hold off on all of those for a couple years at least. While I think your business ideas are probably worthwhile, it is too easy to over commit the money and end up not reserving enough of it for long term growth. Maybe take some bus mgmt courses and investing courses would be a good idea for the two of you too.

I would set a certain amount aside and never touch that principal amount, although not sure how much. If you want to invest in the businesses, can you only do one at a time? Take the profits and invest those in the next business? You are probably going to need to hire others to manage +/or work for the businesses, so it is important that you know the business inside and out, BEFORE you invest in it.

I know it sounds like I am being a wet blanket, sorry. Keep the principal safe. There are too many unscrupulous people out there that are staying awake nights trying to figure out how to make your money theirs! That said, love others and don't let the rotten apples (i.e.-cousin with attitude) destroy your faith in others.

Best of luck!! Be safe and be careful!

Thanks for saying I gave the best advice, I really appreciate that! I know some treat their answers as couple points, but I enjoy trying to figure out the best advice to give. Did you already mark mine as the best answer or still collecting answers? Hopefully someone else will put some thought into theirs and give some more good advice!

Usually I am not on for too long, so I am glad I saw this second question too. The SUZI grabbed my attention, lol.

Good Luck! My best to you and yours!! ~ Suzi :)

火车采集器
  • hibachi
  • benihana
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment