Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm graduating a year early. I will be 17 when I graduate, and the college on the top of my list is Emory. Although, it will be a very expensive option since my brother is such an idiot. He received a 1050 on his SAT and goes to a T4 university called Prairie View A&M University. It's really ghetto and he couldn't even get a scholarship there. I kept asking my parents if I can just go take the ACT/SAT for him so he could get a scholarship but they told me no. So now I have to suffer. -.- ..... I'm not about to go to some crappy university just because my brother doesn't qualify for financial aid and is eating away my parents income. That's their fault. They should have forced him to retake his SAT rather than letting him do what he wants to do. You know, I have 8 years of education ahead of me and I'm not about to be in $300,000 of debt by the time I graduate medical school because of my brother (especially since he is an a**hole to me). So please tell me that I won't qualify and that my parents will have to get a loan, because I shouldn't have to be the one that pays for it....especially if my brother isn't paying sh*t.

I'm tired of being independent and giving my parents sooo much to brag about, but I get nothing in return. My dad wants me to go to Emory or Rice University as well. He won't force me, but I know he really wants me to go...but it makes me so angry, I'm like, "how am I going to go when you can't pay for it?! I don't want to drown in debt so you can brag..." Today I told him that if I do go to Emory... and I have to pay for everything, then don't brag about me or act like I'm your dependent. I told him to say, "My offspring goes to Emory." or "My son who is not dependent on me in any way goes to Emory." Or if I'm with him and someone asks where I go I will be like, "I go to Emory, but he doesn't pay anything, I had to take out loans...I'm not his dependent..." My brother is lazy too. I did his fafsa form and applied for scholarships for him yesterday. He wants to be an engineer and last semester was a complete waste because he didn't take anything on the engineering degree plan and ruined his gpa in the process (he has a 2.0). I think he's going to be in college forever too because he's not good in math (at all...he scored a 360 on that section of the SAT..)...I'm so embarrassed of him.....

And what also upsets me is that I'm so independent. I'm in dual credit and by the time I graduate I will have a year of college credit, on top of graduating early. I worked my butt off to get here and I might not be able to go to my dream school because of my brother...I paid for everything..my classes, my textbooks, my lab fees...everything for my dual credit classes...and my brother can't even pay for mcdonalds every now and then or just ONE textbook. He asks my parents for the money. It feels like he doesn't even want to be in college.


Anyways, sorry about this long speech...I just had to let it out..|||Well no you don't want to drown in debt. Go to a cheap public university and maybe instead of medical school, you can get a bachelor of science or something, because it is a lot cheaper. If you do ROTC, I think it pays a little tiny bit of money.|||don`t go to college.... or at least until you ghave enough money, so wait a while|||It cant be helped. Work even harder cause you know thats the only way. Get a whole free scholarship by working AS HARD AS YOU CAN(try to win an olympiad if u are so smart)|||Your parents are idiots to pay his way when he'll NEVER have a job of his own. He's lazy and stupid. he will continue to ride on them till they realize he won't change and kicks his *** to the curb.|||Honestly, you sound pretty ungrateful and a bit arrogant. You're mad at your brother because he isn't as intelligent as you? And your parents should take away his college tuition because you're the more intelligent child? That's absolutely ridiculous. Even if your parents "forced" him to retake his SAT's that doesn't necessarily mean he would have done any better. Some people just are not good with timed tests. Hell, the class valedictorian last year ended up doing bad on the SAT's, those tests do not accurately prove someone's intelligence and some people simply have trouble with them.

"My parents will have to get a loan, because I shouldn't have to be the one that pays for it."
"How am I going to go when you can't pay for it?!"

You pay for it yourself, like an adult. I'm 18 years old, in college and pay for my own education. I was raised by a single mother, we do not have a lot of money and I knew this. So what did I do? I worked hard in school, got scholarships, saved all my money and also applied for financial aid. I DIDN'T sit around whining and complaining about how bad I had it because my parents couldn't afford to send me to an extremely expensive school. Many parents do not pay for their kids to go to college because they simply can't afford it. And you're not complaining because you won't be able to go to college, you're complaining because it will not be your top choice. (Which is VERY expensive) Why don't you get a job, apply for scholarships and then pay for some of your education on your own? And maybe stop blaming your parents for not having a ton of money.

Edit: I do understand why you would be angry if your parents didn't give you a cent, while continuing to pay for your brother's schooling. That wouldn't be fair at all. If that were the case, I think they should give half of what they are giving to your brother, to you. That way both of you are getting some money and both of you will have to pay for some of your education on your own. However, if you're parents are giving you the same amount as they're giving your brother and won't take money away for him so that you can go to your dream school, then I really don't think you have a right to be mad. Even if you're brother isn't as intelligent, he still deserves to be able to go to college.

Edit: Yes, but are your parents still going to give you the same amount of money as they gave your brother and that just won't cover the tuition to the school you want to go to? Are are they going to give you nothing and still pay for your brother? I guess my opinion kind of depends on the answer to that question. But I do get why you'd be angry if you try your hardest in school while your brother just slips by without caring.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment