Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'm trying to get a scholarship's for college but I am only getting 7.50 an hour working part time at McDonald's and my mum isn't going to help me next year, Does this seem right or should I try for another job and if yes what job? I don't know what to do and my mum doesn't care!
I need money and this isn't getting me far! I can't go it alone with only 7.50 an hour! Help?|||Welcome to adulthood. Your mom said she won't help you out next year (I'm assuming she means when you turn 18) then deal. You can put in for a better job and just keep the McDonalds job until you get a new one that pays better. In the meantime file for FASFA to get pell grants for school. These are grants you don't have to pay back and help with living expenses. What your mom is doing is teaching you how to be a resourceful and successful adult. Eventually your mom won't be around, so you will just need to learn how to take care of yourslef.|||Next year you will be eighteen. You can work mostly anywhere that doesn't require a college degree. I would go with working in a store like AT&T, Verizon, ect. It's a good solid job.

Also, I don't know about your state, but where I live it doesn't matter who is supporting you. You still have to include your parents money information. You can't get a grant/financial based scholarship if your parents make too much money. Ex: Even if I move out of my house on the day I turn eighteen, I would have to include my parents info. No matter if they were helping me or not.

The only exception is if they are dead or if you are emancipated.
I hope I helped!
=)|||Get good grades, hopefully you have good grades to get more scholarship money. You can also apply for many different loans and grants. Make sure u fill out a fafsa to get financial aid. Many people work and go to college. Its easy to schedule your classes around work. If you are the slightest bit smart, which im sure you are, you can juggle school, working, and have a social life in college. Do as much as you can. College can be the funnest part of your life but also the most frustrating. You have to have the will to succeed despite adversities, stay strong.|||The STARTING wage at the McDonald's in my town is $11.50 an hour and McDonalds offers a scholarship program for their student employees.

I'd either be doing a little more homework about your employee benefits, or I'd be looking for another job.

If you're applying for colleges, speak with the financial adviser. You more than likely qualify for one or more of the following: Student loans, bursaries, scholarships, or a low interest student line of credit.

Is there any way you can get another part time job or get full time hours in your current job?|||Study hard and get a scholarship.
I went on scholarship, had a job, my own place, and had my own car. Nobody gave me a dime. I made it own my own. I worked my butt off. You could do it too, if you wanted too. Problem is, kids today want hand outs. The easy road.
Well, college and adulthood isn't easy. So get use to it honey.|||Scholarships have nothing to do with your income, those are awarded and supplied to you by a donation and usually applies to your academics, community input and other extracurricular activities such as sports.

However you may qualify for financial aid, It's something you could talk to your counselor about as they usually have ready available information for you as far as paying for college goes.|||thats great pay for a 17 year old. You're not going to find another employer that will be willing to give a high school student more than that.

Have you ever heard of something called a "Student Loan"? Most of us college graduates used those to afford college.|||Your not going to find a job at 17 that pays much more than 7.50 and hour. The economy is crap right now be thankful you have a job at all. If you want to get through school you can always get a student loan.|||You are 17 and making $7.50 an hour? People raise kids on that you know - you can too make it with that job.

Apply for financial aid for next years school -www.FAFSA.gov|||wait till you turn 18 there's alot of other jobs you can get then|||Umm def another job. As for what no idea
Best of luck|||Try and find a job with a higher pay|||i think you could baby sit too...teach kids something some music,computers?dont give up

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment