Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I have been together for over two years. He's 19 and I'm 18. We both live with our parents and go to a community college. Next Fall will be our 2nd year. He has a "part time" job at Hollister in the mall to pay for college and his car. He works over 40 hours a week at this job. He is constantly working late and whenever a coworker needs someone to cover for their shift he is the first to volunteer. He's becoming obsessed with his appearance and spends his money on clothes from Hollister. He keeps buying food from McDonald's and places at the mall even though there is food at his house. He doesn't make very much money at Hollister but spends his money on food and things all the time.

He wants to be an engineer but he dropped his Calculus 2 class because he wasn't doing well. He doesn't finish his homework in his classes and sometimes doesn't even show up to class. I feel like he has his priorities messed up because he puts so much effort into work and ignores his education. We've talked about getting married one day but I feel like if we get married he won't be as successful as I am because he doesn't care enough about his grades right now. If he doesn't have good grades he won't get into the engineering program that he wants to get in to.

I've tried talking to him about working less so he can focus more on school but he just gets upset because I'm nagging him. He says that he works so much so that he doesn't have to take out student loans to pay for school but what's the point in being able to pay for school without needing loans if he does poorly in school? When he goes to a 4 year school he will need to take out student loans so what's the difference in getting loans now for $4,000 a year at community college vs waiting a year to get a loan for $20,000 a year for a 4 year school?

If he focused more on school now, he could get scholarships to help pay for school. If he doesn't do well he might not even get in to a 4 year school, or if he does he might not get in to the program he wants.

I don't understand why he insists on working so much now when it is only hurting him in the long run. Am I being too controlling by wanting him to try harder in school? How do I deal with him choosing work over school? How do I deal with the possibility that I will be more successful than him?|||.I think he's gotten himself into a rut. So that he lives in a now world and tomorrow will take care of itself.Unless you can get him to change course.His future is now.When guys say you're nagging. Then that means they know what they're doing,so leave me alone|||Leave him. You need a man who has his future set and his priorities straight.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment