Friday, February 17, 2012

Problem: I have been in college for the past two years at Northern Oklahoma College, in Stillwater, OK. I was supposed to transfer to Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, OK, pursuing a degree in both Sociology and Political Science. I want to attend law school afterwards and become a Public Interest attorney. Unfortunately, I am not in school this semester because the out-of-state fees along with tuition amounted to a large sum of money. The last bit of money was not paid off in time. As a result, I owed Oklahoma State University over $6000. The original amount was roughly $5000. There is extra money and loans available to me after I pay my past due balance. I read on a website that federal money is prohibited from being used to pay off past due balances. As a result of not being in school, I am currently living with my parents. Generously, they are supporting me. One of my plans of actions to pay for school and become independent was to join the National Guard. Unfortunately, I received a concussion from playing football in high school. Also, I participated in a psychological evaluation at OSU to find out if i had ADHD. The psych analyst stated that there was nothing wrong with me mentally. Instead, I needed to find ways to motivate myself to do my school work. In addition, my eye sight is very poor also. Therefore, my recruiter informed me that MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) would not allow me to enlist due to my medical history. Seemingly, they are very strict about not allowing people who have seen psychological counselors enlist. Such action is very understandable. My next plan of action was to continue job searching. I have applied to numerous places in my area. For example, Chicken Express, McDonald's, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, CVS, Walgreens, Pizza Hut, etc., etc.) Most businesses report that they are not hiring. Pizza Hut informed me via email that I was not qualified. How am I not qualified to work at Pizza Hut? Fortunately, I had the opportunity to finally be interviewed recently. One of the managers who were conducting the interview told me twice that I did a good job. Therefore, I was confident that the job was mine. Soon after, I called the manager at the time I was instructed to do so. The same manager told me that the job position was filled. So I am still searching. According to snagajob.com and monster.com, there are jobs outside of my community. I was contacted by an insurance company who was interested in me. However, I do not have transportation to travel to another zip code for a job. The nearest public transportation is roughly 3 miles away. If the bus goes where the job is, I will walk. The point is: I need a steady pay check to pay off my past due balance, transfer to an affordable school (if I don't receive scholarships to attend OSU), and become independent. I want to leave the nest as a man, not a bum who got kicked out. Does anyone have any ideas? What else could I do?

Note: The reason I owed OSU money while attending Northern Oklahoma College is because, I was in a program that allowed me to use OSU facilities. My cumulative GPA is a 3.12 and I have about 42 credit hours. For instance, I had a meal plan and lived in a dormitory. Also, this humbling experience has taught me the importance of an education. If you can go to school, do so!


Note: The reason I owed OSU money while attending Northern Oklahoma College is because, I was in a program that allowed me to use OSU facilities. My cumulative GPA is a 3.12 and I have about 42 credit hours. For instance, I had a meal plan and lived in a dormitory. Also, this humbling experience has taught me the importance of an education. If you can go to school, do so!|||This may sound crazy if you've never left the country before, but I'm only suggesting it because it's what I would do (and what I am doing). Travel to cheap countries and write articles online (ehow, associated content, helium etc.) until you can build up your own successful internet business. The point is to live on your own, while surviving, which gives you the feeling of being a man, but at the same time, you can spend most of the day building a business. Then once that becomes profitable, you return to the states and get your own place and put that money into college or paying your debt off. One way plane ticket, $700. Roundtrip, $1200.

For example, I'm 28. When I was 25 I went to Thailand. In a country like that, you can survive on about $8 a day ($4 for a private hostel room, $4 for food each day). Those article companies will buy articles for a minimum of $3, sometimes up to $10. So let's say you're only making $3 an article, and it takes you 1 hour per article. If you work 3 hours a day, there's your rent and food. Then spend another 5 hours working on other stuff like building up an informational site and promoting it or researching wholesale products in that country.

I'm from California, I'm going back over there for 6 months to a year and I'm flying out in November. If this interests you and you need someone to room with while over there, send me a message because I'm looking for more ways to save money while there. If you want to fly over there when I go, send me a message before November. I can show you videos I made on youtube last time I was there. Good luck.

火车采集器
  • google translations
  • medical city dallas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment