Friday, February 17, 2012

Hi I'm a high school senior who lives in Illinois.

I have worked really hard through out high school maintaining a 3.4 GPA at one of the best high schools in the nation with the hopes of going to a private college in either New York City or Irelan (where my parents are from and where I was partly raised.) I have been accepted at many schools in both places including St. John's University, SUNY Stony Brook, Iona College, NUI Galway, etc. I am receiving scholarships from many of these schools (the highest being $13,000 annually from Iona). The problem is I would still have to be roughly $18,000 every year no matter where I go (public, private, Ireland).

Please don't bring FAFSA into this. I have applied but the numbers were off so now I can't get any aid. Just don't bring it up; that option is gone for me so you will depress me even more if you bring FAFSA up.

I want to go to a University but my parents can't afford to pay for me and I can't afford it and there's no way I can get a student loan in this recession. I am not going to a junior college.Don't auggest that. I didn't work my @ss off for the past 4 years and apply to 16 universities (And get accepted at every single one) to go to a "junior college."

So what am I supposed to do? I want a college education but cannot afford it.. Am I going to be working in mcdonald's for the rest of my life? Please help.|||What's the recession got to do with it? You (or your parents) either did plan or you didn't. Current economic trends have little if any impact on financial aid eligibility or education costs.

And in response to your "additional details," you're not too good for community or public institutions, you arrogant snot. A 3.4 GPA in high school is certainly respectable, but hardly impressive. Plenty of honor students attend such schools. Of course, if you believe that suicide is a solution...|||shut up

Report Abuse

|||Seriously consider working for a year, bank every penny and reapply next year with a fresh FASFA application.

You do NOT want to start life with $100K in debt.

If you can only go if you incur debt, you NEED to go to a junior college and split the difference. Transfer as a junior to the major school.|||Study your @ss of on the SAT and ACT and get more scholarships. If you get above a 30 on the ACT I believe you qualify for a Fullbrite Scholarship.

There are also federal loans that have different requirements than private loans for college.

If I were you I would speak to acedemic counselors at the colleges you want to attend most and explain your situation, I'm sure they'll have some useful information. You don't have to be going there already to get that information, they'll help any prospective student.|||Don't say you cannot get a student loan...do your parents have good credit still? They can co sign a student loan for you.

Unfortunately, the reality of your situation is that you might have to go to a local university closer to home for a couple of years. State universities are much cheaper and may give you a scholarship to attend, meaning no money out of your pocket.

What you are *supposed* to do, is quit thinking that the schools you applied to are the only ones you can go to. You have been thrown a curve ball and now you have to make different plans. You won't work at McDonalds for the rest of your life, you are just being dramatic saying that.

Since you nix most of the suggestions anyone here would give, such as FAFSA, student loans etc...there isn't much else we can do to help you.|||buy a gun collect other peoples money

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment