Friday, February 17, 2012

My husband and I (he is 19 and I am 18) have started thinking about having children. He has told me that he REALLY wants children, he seems like he is just aching for a baby. We are a good couple emotionally and we don't smoke/drink/do drugs. We both have jobs, I am a waitress at eat-n-park, and he works as a cook at a fast food restaurant, not commercial like McDonald's, more like a neighborhood sit-down place. We are both currently living with my mom, but everyday we are looking at apartments. My mom is supportive of us, she lives in a rented house and is close friends with the landlord, we stay in a room for a very small price. She cooks most of the time but we buy some of our food too. He has a car because he has to drive approximately 10 or 15 minutes to work. But I walk to my job because it is close, we barely use the car to save money. I got my job because I was originally planning to save up some quick money for college, I also did very good in high school, I graduated with honors and got some small scholarships, I plan to be a middle or high school math teacher. My husand wants to join the marines. But this thing with the baby is just making me think. Emotionally I feel like I am ready but financially I feel like I am not. I feel like I need to make everything into a list and decide what I am going to do. I really want to have a baby but I also want it to be happy and I want to be able to provide for it. Going to college will take a while and a lot of money, I have been thinking about getting a loan from my dad but not sure. My husband plans to wait before joining to take care of the baby while I am at school. This is all so complicated, I'm not sure what to do. Advice anybody? ):|||it seems easy to pay for rentm food and baby expenses and electricity (internet and tv if you can afford). But believe me...

you NEED to establish a serious budget plan before making this decision. Find average prices of apartments you might want, look at grocery bills to give yourself an idea, calculate all the expenses needed every month in bills, etc...

see if you still have money aside for some saving and some activities with baby and its supplies. You should be able to be comfortable.

financial distess is stressful, as well as having a baby. If together it doesn't work, it'll be chaotic!

make sure to calculate EVERYTHING you will need and calculate your budget.

ps. Don't forget taxes at the end of the year... When living on your own, it costs more|||U both r too young for a baby....Well, having a baby is ur personal decision, but I think this is too early...first complete ur other tasks, and then plan out for a baby...its too early...|||I would say that if you can't decide, then you definitely are NOT ready! Wait until you're 100% sure. That might be years from now... I'm 33 and expecting my first baby.|||if it feels right for both of you, then go for it :)|||I think it is 2 early, Y not wait a bit longer, U both R so young|||get your own place to live first, sort out your finances and see if you can afford a baby and all that comes with it - loss of income or childcare costs, medical bills, clothing and other baby supplies etc. you are both so young theres no need to rush here. you'll thank yourselves later if you set your life up a little better before having children and though you may feel ready now, a couple more years will only help you both. if you are having doubts about being ready (in any sense of the word) its most likely not a good idea right now. wait until theres no doubt in your mind. theres always a little nervousness when it comes to deciding to have a child, but if theres doubt don't do it.

if its complicated to the point you dont know what to do, thats a pretty good indication that its not the right time. going to college will take time and money but if you want to do it, do it now because however hard it is now its only going to be 10 times as hard once you have children to care for on top of studying. take a few years now to set your lives up and then have children. you are both still teenagers and i get that you both want children but honestly take it from someone with kids, dont rush in to being a parent because once you have a child everything is so much more complicated and basically, your needs and dreams will always come after those of your children.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment