Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ok so I'm 15 and I just started high school about 3 weeks ago and ever since then my mother has been pressuring me to graduate with honors.
One day I was doing my homework and she said "Better do good on that History test tomorrow or you won't graduate with honors."and then we were in the car today after she picked me up form school and I started talking about getting a part time job so I could get some money for college...her reply? "Well if you graduate with honors 9 times out of 10 they give you a scholarship."
Shes not the only one either!
I was sitting in McDonald's with my dad and my older sister,Mary and while Mary was up getting our food he leans over and goes "Are you gonna try to graduate with honors since Mary didn't?"
and then there is my grandmother...
she just won't quit talking about it!How proud she's gonna be and all that.
What happens if I don't graduate with honors?That thought scares me =/
What could I do to make them stop?I tried talking to them but they didn't listen =/ also what could I do to try to graduate with honors?study tips,books I could read etc.
thanks.|||Your family probably doesn't remember how hard school was for them. It is easily to tell someone else that they better do well, because they are not the ones who have to compete with all the other students.

They are probably thinking that if you graduate with honors, then you will be able to get a scholarship. Money may be tight for your parents.

Explain that you're doing the very best you can, and the excess pressure is detrimental to doing well in school.

By the way, what grades did your dad, you mom, and your grandmother get? Did they graduate with honors?|||Sit down with your parents and tell them honestly how stressful all this pressure to do well is affecting you.
Tell them that, although it is right they try to encourage you to do your best, they should also be aware that only you can choose your path and your decision is final. Assure them you will try your hardest, but that the pressure is putting a strain on your life. Your family only want what is best for you. All you can do is your best.

Good luck.|||Graduating with honors should´t just be a matter of saving parents some good money by getting a scholarship. The economic issue is important for them, but for you it has been shown by statistics (look in google) that the best students are not necessarily the most successful in life; but rather average ones. And part of the reason seems to be the more relaxed attitude toward life. Student life has many activities and studying (although important) is not the only one.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment