Thursday, February 9, 2012

sorry if you think it's a little bit long, it explains the situation, it should only take a couple of minutes to read, I would greatly appreciate any advice please, hopefully you'll understand the situation I'm in, once again thanks

Hi,

I’m going to be a graduating high school senior this year and an incoming freshman to UCONN and was alarmed when I wasn’t given any type of scholarship money or financial need, absolutely nothing, not one penny. To be completely honest I’m scared out of mind because with what my parents are going to pay and the zero dollars I have received in scholarship awards I’m responsible for 10 grand a year and will be a total of 40 grand in debt when I graduate, most likely more. Now I understand that too many that may seem like nothing but I live in small town that has like five businesses that will hire some young kid like me. I can’t find a job any were and have never held one before; I was literally told on the national hiring of McDonald’s day that I was not a “qualified applicant” for whatever reason. So as you can imagine 40 grand of debt scares **** out of me when I can’t even get a job at McDonald’s. I mean just because I go to college does not mean I’m guarded a career and I will probably have to move back in after I graduate. Believe me I’m doing everything I can to save money, I’m not going to graduation, prom, senior outing, nothing, because I’m so scared of the debt that I’m about to go in and I have just over 2 grand of my own money, that’s it.
So I really don’t understand at all why I wasn’t given any money at all from the college. Although I may not be that great of a student nationally in my school I am. Last year there was one kid that took 5 AP classes in one year and he was looked at as a freak, so yah. But anyways in my school I’m like ranked 21st but I will graduate with AP World History, got a 3, Statistics, got a 4, Physics B, got a 4, Calculus AB, took this year, Biology, took this year, and Chemistry, took this year. I’m finishing off my 12th season of varsity sports, 4 seasons of varsity cross country, 4 seasons of varsity indoor track and field, and 3 seasons of varsity outdoor track and field, I’m currently finishing my fourth season. My times aren’t that great but ok I guess, my current PR in the 800 is 2:01:65. My SAT scores aren’t that great but ok, 520 in critical reading =(, 600 in writing, 690 in math. I’m going into engineering physics by the way. I’m finishing my fourth year of honors Latin, I had two take two years of it as an independent study before school even started. I also took PreCalculus High Honors last year as a independent study last year were I literally had to teach myself the whole thing basically. The majority of my core courses were taken at the high honors level with only like 3 at honors. I have like a 89.6 unweighted GPA. So like nationally I’m probably not that great of a student but at my school I’m considered a great student. Like I have heard of people taking 10 or even 11 AP classes in one year, but in a school where if you take 5 or more your considered a freak I am a good student at my school.

See the thing is that there were people who also got into UCONN who like got half tuition off at UCONN who are like 20 or 30 class rankings below me, but their parents bring in like 40 k a year each. See I’m a white male, CT resident, strongly middle class, my parents brought in roughly a total of 120 k last year, both my parents went to college, my parents are still together and are just under 50 years of age, I have a sister who’s a sophomore in high school who will also be paying for college soon.

So like I really don’t understand why I didn’t get a penny. Like I have said there are people who got like half tuition off in my school who are a FAR worse quality student than I am and haven’t participated in a single season of sports and well yah… There’s also this one girl who has minority status, her parents are immigrants, her parents didn’t go to college, she is female, and she gets FULL TUTION OFF, and she’s only like 6 or 8 class rankings ahead of me who participated in like three seasons of sports, and has roughly the same SAT scores… like dang I didn’t get a single penny… So did I fill out something wrong on my application or am I really not deservant of a single penny? As I’m extremely confused as to why I didn’t get one penny when students who are joke students compared to me get half tuition off and students who are not much greater of a student that I am get full tuition off… like I’m seriously considering switching to like CCSU or MCC if it’s not to late because my parents could pay for all of the costs, as 40 grand of debt scares the **** out of me when I can’t a ******* job at McDonald’s…

Thanks for any advice, do you think I did something wrong on the application, if so what and who should I talk to and what do I do|||Did you fill out a FAFSA form? even if you think you are ineligible cause your parents make too much money, sit down with them and apply anyway. Call the financial office of the school and try talking to them too! Can't hurt. I also wanted to go to UConn...but it was way too expensive (i'm from out of state) but i was still excited when i got accepted. Schools dont make those kinds of decisions on AP test scores though lol.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment