Monday, February 6, 2012

PLEASE read the whole thing, I really need some advice! I'm sorry it's long :(

Ok so I go to an Early College, which means 2 FREE years of college & associates degree.

My stepdad and my mom claim that they can't find jobs (we live in NC) but I find this hard to believe since almost all of my friends (high schoolers) have jobs!
*my parents never went to college.

now, my stepdad CLAIMS that he has a job in New York and now we're moving there. There's no way we could stay in my house because my uncle owns it and wants it back.
My stepdad has a rep. for being a liar. So honestly I don't believe that he has a job up there, then where would we be?

Anyway they've made us move 6 times before eighth grade. We finally got to stay here for 3 years and they were the happiest for me.

The MAIN reason I do not want to move is because of the opportunities at my school- I'll have to take out half as much student loans. I'll also have an associates degree ALREADY when other people my age are just graduating high school...

My stepdad's argument is that there is a REGENTS SCHOLARSHIP in ny and if i do well enough I'll get it. However I looked it up and it said about 3 students out of all that apply!

So heres the reasons:
1. there is a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CHANCE is will get my associates FOR FREE here in nc
2. I have friends and a boyfriend (i didnt mention him a lot because I know how people are about teenage girls claiming they're "in love") but I have been with him for a year and he's helped me with a lot of problems, especially family/financial stress.
3. I feel like my parent don't care. My mom's exact words: "I do feel bad. just not bad enough to change my mind."

NOW ONE THING YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND. My parents haven't had a job in two years, they mooch of my grandparents. They say they are looking, but EVERYDAY I come home from school and they are sleeping, or on facebook, or just watching tv. To me it doesn't seem like they're trying AT ALL.

Ok so I've tried EVERYTHING to convince them to stay. There's a house right down the street that's available for move-in, which we could live in if they found a job.

AND THE WHOLE POINT: They weren't successful and didn't do what they had to do when it comes to education. Now they cant even get a job at McDonalds. My school will help me do better than them and give me an enormous advantage. I just feel like they should try the hardest for MY future, you know?
They're not trying because they don't like it here. THEY don't like it, It's too boring they say. Should it really matter what they like as long as their kids are getting a great education?



Thanks if you read the whole thing! :)|||Wow...no offense but sounds like you have 2 very lazy parents! If you are seeking your college education, then i dont see a need of having to follow them. it's not everyday that you get offered college education for free. If they want to move to another state let them, you should try staying in NC and living with roommates or friends for 2 yrs until you finish school.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment