Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Right now I am allowed to drive a '97 malibu and a '74 dune buggy - unknown manufacturer but runs great and is good with the ladies ; )

What I am wondering is what kind of car should I buy for myself, something I can save up for with my part-time McDonald's job. I earn about $4000 a year, and don't really mind saving up for a few years. I'd really like a Ferrari 308, which I can find for $20 - $25k, but I don't know if this is a really good choice of vehicle?

Anyways, I am an experienced driver, and hopefully will go to college on partial scholarship to the Hawaii Pacific University (only 17K a year) so I was wondering what would be a good car to cruise around in with a nice 60's or 70's muscle car feel.

BTW --- Will get better job as soon as opportunity arises. Right now I have no job experience to apply at a higher position (lol).

Thanks!|||It's a miles-per-$ question, so be careful to find something to fit your budget.
The important thing is to avoid hidden expenses - ok, so you get a Ferrari for 20k. Have you got an idea of how much it costs to keep it purring? Or to change tires, pads? Or insurance?
so those are the expenses you have to check first. Buying it is easiest of all - either you have the money or you don't.
Go for a good used car, not older than 5...6 years, with documented service history and preferably a single owner. Japs top the reliability surveys, so that is where your investment runs least risks. Stay away from muscle cars, choose something balanced, in other words middle-of-the road engine for the chosen model.
AFTER you have improved your income, start thinking of something else.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment