Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Well, that's an understatement. A few years ago, my parents divorced, mostly because of the mental abuse my father caused on my mother and I. He is a drinker, and has attempted several times to recover, but has failed.

A few days ago, he was arrested. He says it was because of reckless driving. He called me from the jail, and nearly gave me a heartattack as he had me scramble to find phone numbers for him to call, since he couldn't remember anything.
It's not the first time h's been arrested-a few years ago, he was arrested for rear-ending a car in the McDonald's drive-thru. He was drunk at the time.
After no explanations, aside from a few texts stating, "I'm fine," I called him today to see if he was okay.

Shockingly, he admonished me for calling him, saying he wanted to discuss it later. He blamed the cop's fault, he blamed the slow car in front of him, and he started to yell at me because of a scholarship he brought up a few years ago.

I'm really wondering if I should go to his house this weekend. Any thoughts?

TL;DR, My dad's being a jerk, he might be drunk, should I go to his house, or just let things coll down for a bit?|||How old are you? I wouldnt go to his house unless you are over 18. I say this as I was in same situation with my ex. My kids went round to visit and he was drunk alot of the time and it isnt very stable for them to be in this environment. He wasnt allowed to have them round until he got over his alcoholism and then they just visited in the day but never slept over. Try to encourage him to have counselling and tell him you'll visit when he is feeling better. Be there for him but dont let him feel sorry for himself or blame others as this wont help him. Good luck x

I am sorry to hear he has always been like it. As you are sixteen all I can offer is that you call him and see how he is and if he sounds ok go over for a visit but dont sleep over. My kids see their Dad now and again, they are 22 and 25 now and just accept that is how he is and he probably wont change. Just lost his girlfriend and two other children aged just 7 and 4. It is sad but alcoholics blame everyone else but themselves, they are very selfish.

Please try and get on with your life, treat people with respect and learn from your father, dont go down the same road. Good luck with your future and I wish you every happiness x|||let him cool down a bit, then call him and tell him you want to come by and say hello but only if he's sober. Let him know straight out you wont have anything todo with him if he's been drinking (not just drunk) and that from now on if he's been drinking you wont associate with him. Even if he's in jail, if he's been drinking he'll have to sober up first before you'll talk to him and help him. make it an absolute condition.|||My dad drinks too and I am going to give him a choice maybe u should too. Ur making an effort to c him. He should make an effort to stop drinking and if there are no changes thats it for him maybe if he realized I'm not there he'll change. best of luck.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment