Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I graduated in the top 10% of my class with honors and a 3.8 gpa. Ball State offered me their Presidential Scholarship so I took it, even though it was not one of my first choices. I was an athletic training major and found the program to be extremely unorganized. This turned me off from the whole program so I changed to "undecided" for the second semester. During the second semester I developed some health problems and missed a lot of school. I ended up only receiving credit for one class that I took the second semester.

I transferred back home to Purdue University Calumet, enrolling as a freshman, as I only had a few credits that actually transferred. I was unsure what I wanted to do, and chose biology as a major. I ended up hating it and dropped 2 classes and am down to only 2 at the moment. I'm currently working at McDonald's. I hate Purdue Cal but I don't know what else to do. Transferring was a huge hassle and I dread the thought of transferring again. I also don't know what I want to study so I'm kind of stuck.

Athletic training was the only thing I was ever really passionate about and I thought about going back into that, but it is not offered at any schools close to home. I like living at home and paying a lot less for school, so I really don't want to go back away and pay more for tuition plus pay for an apartment or dorm or whatever. Plus, most schools stop accepting students into the athletic training program as sophomores, so if I finish this year I might be screwed, and even if not, I would have to take all the pre-AT classes that school requires, so I would definitely be a sophomore or higher by the time I was ready to apply to the program. If I could take the required pre-AT classes here at PUC I would, but they are not offered here or anywhere else around here.

I've been looking into nursing, but it's not something that excites me or that I feel like I would want to do forever. I've been looking into certification programs at a local place called In Training, they offer CNA and pharm tech, and I was thinking maybe I could do that in the meantime until I figure something out.

Does anyone have any advice for me? My family, friends, and advisors at school have not been much help at all.|||Life's long and student loans can be paid back. Go with your passion. You can do work/study to help pay for the increase in costs. You have a good track record and your current grades dont' reflect who you are or what you can do. You've had some setbacks; just move forward, even if it means going through the hassle of transferring again.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment