Tuesday, February 14, 2012

First off I don't want to give the impression that I'm emotionally messed up, I'm calm and fine.

But I'm not sure what to do about my situation.

1. I have bipolar and OCD. The bipolar's been a lot easier but the OCD is VERY tight. I can't get any work done at all, especially when it comes to studying, writing, or making plans.

I talked to my parents about this repeatedly, and they're convinced that bipolar and OCD are like Pinocchio and that I'm just spoiled.

2. I have a very quick temper that I can't control however I try. I really crack under stress. It's very serious. Three months ago someone started a fight with me and long story short... I hurt him very badly. He had to wear bandages on his leg for weeks. I do regret very much, it was the worst thing I ever did.

3. I can't seem to stop binge eating. Every day I say I'll stop and then I'll head over to McDonald's or Hardees the same night. I've gained a lot of weight. I'm now at 5' 7" and over 165 lbs. My pot belly and hips and thighs are disgusting.

4. My OCD means that I'm never happy with things unless they're just right--reality is too hard for me a lot of the time and I resort to procrastination and fantasy, especially chatting, reading, and video games.

5. My grades are the worst they've ever been--my GPA is now a solid C average. My parents don't know yet. I have to pull up my grades this semester or I'll lose my scholarship. I have no discipline.

6. I'm a pseudo-intellectual--I'm so involved in my interest in history, philosophy, politics, etc, that I have no grip on reality, and whenever I talk about these things I go gazoo. I have to read the news for hours each day and it puts me in a much worse mood because of my strong opinions.

7. My libido can be hard to put up with, since I'm at my sexual peak biologically and I live in a deeply religious country where sex before marriage and even dating don't exist. I'm still a virgin.

I'm a 20-year-old male.|||Well you've put up 7 separate issues there, and clearly explained your problem with each. What you need to do now is take them on one at a time instead of what seems like trying to tackle everything at once. I too have bipolar and OCD and some other diagnoses' along the line and I know if I try to take on too much at a time I will crash. I can list my problems clearly but have trouble getting my mind around solutions.

1. Dealing with OCD is a tough one.. It takes a lot of belief in yourself and facts and a lot of hard discipline and many slow steps forward (and unfortunately long steps backwards) along the way. Are you on any medication? If not consider a small dose of an anti-depressant preferably containing an anti-anxiety - they ease OCD.

2. I'm a girl and have no violent tendencies so I cannot answer that one helpfully except to say find new ways of dealing with anger and don't let any bottle up at all.

3. With OCD, eating disciplines should be easy, make yourself an unbreakable diet routine of 3 large meals a day or 5 smaller meals for example and a couple of snacks or whatever works best for you and make it a rule. You cant break them!

4. I'm like that. There's no way around it besides avoiding things that can be avoided leaving more time for things that you can't avoid. Don't waste time on something you can't perfect that isn't important in life when there could be something else you need to work on.

5. Focus on school work. As soon as your mind is onto it, in focussing mood, do as much work/study as you can. If your concentration dies down take a break and get back to it as soon as you can. Make yourself a study planner and stick to it if necessary.

6. Gradually cut down on interests leaving you more time for school and things that have to be done. Even if you just cut your interest/hobby time down by 5 mins at a time - its progress.

7. I was a 24 year old virgin. There is nothing wrong with that. If sex before marriage and dating is not allowed and that's what you believe, you stick to it and you will be rewarded for your perseverance. There are a lot of people who choose to remain pure until marriage. Self-control or marriage seems to be your choice there.

I hope I have been of some help to you and you find your solution.|||Face reality and do something about it. Go to the school therapist.|||Hi
In response in point order:
1. Bipolar and OCD often require therapy and or medication to help you find the key you need to control it. See your Dr
2. Anger managment is also a problem to talk to your Dr about, if you are on medication it maybe adversly affecting you. If you are not on medication to stabalise your chemical imbalance you might need to be. See your Dr
3. Over eating can be a side affect of some medications, if you are on medication it maybe adversly affecting you. If you are not on medication this issue is something your Dr can help you with, so see your Dr
4. OCD may not be the cause of the things you list, see your Dr about these issues
5. If your medical condition is affecting you as much as it seems to be, be proactive and see your Dr, don't wait until the s##t hits the fan before your compelled to do something.
6. Intelligent people can often get obsessive about their passionate persuites, if they are stopping you from functioning in life they are beyond normal and need to be evaluated by a Dr. See your Dr
7. Who cares!! really, i'm not kidding, with all the other stuff thats going on it should hardly be a priority at the moment, get all your ducks in a row and one day when your ready for a relationship it will happen, seriously the last thing you need right now is to worry about this. Let this one go for now, it will come to you when your really ready to give something of your self, take a breather on this one but if you must you can always bring it up with your Dr.

I think you need to see your Dr. it might help you get it all sorted in your mind, definintly worth the visit.

Cheers
JJ
Ps my mum has Bipolar and so has my 23 year old daughter, sometimes it can feel like hell but with the right support and medication life can be within your control.|||Hi troll EXTREME,
I know this may sound a little weird, but have you gone to a chinese doctor or nutritionist? It may very well be down to what you eat causing these mood swings etc. which maybe the result of an allergy. It's not gonna hurt to get a consultation and you've got nothing to lose so give it a try and see how you go from there.|||did the doctor actually diagnose you with bipolar and ocd? im guessing no, otherwise your parents would take you more seriously. my opinion is that youre like many 20 year olds out there (including me), who lacks drive, and in order to ignore the reality that you actually have to work hard in this world and put in a genuine effort even though you dont want to, you procrastinate and waste your life/potential with day dreaming and fantasy, and then justify it with this obsurd notion that you have not one, but two mental disorders! My advice? Use some will power and avoid going near fast food, control your temper by using breathing, will power and perhaps a therapist, find interest in other things that involve the real world, like a career you want to work towards so you can support yourself, and masterbate. Do these things and eventually you will calm down, lose weight, become a more interesting person, therefore gaining friends and perhaps a girlfriend, and grow up.
Dont do these things, and you will end up angry, depressed, overweight, even obese, with even more health problems you can use to justify your wasting of your life, old, undesirable, living in your parents basement, if they will have you, with nothing more substantial than a highschool diploma, with no direction, and with only your pseudo intellectual thoughts to console you, which they wont, because most people find other people who refer to themselves and pseudo intellectual as self absorbed egotisticals, who think theyre better that everyone they talk to because they think their opinions and thoughts are more valid.|||Whoa, dude! It's time for you to talk with a professional about all these problems. They seem to be ganging up on you more and more which, of course, is causing you to feel less and less in control of things. Professional guidance can help you see things from another perspective and can help you get it together here.

As to the food thing, this has to be a conscious choice on your part. Instead of heading out to McDonald's, try to figure out something more productive to do besides wolfing down the crap they serve there - take a walk, read a book. etc. You're smart enough to figure this out. If you take some control here it will only benefit you and will help you get control of the other things which are going on so that you don't feel so swamped by them. It takes determination. It takes practice. Be persistent with yourself. And don't forget to get professional help.|||You could try not being so hateful.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment