Thursday, February 9, 2012

Heya!

I'm 17 and have been employed at McDonalds for about a month, but a couple weeks ago, my Dad and Mom told us that they were getting a divorce. There is obviously more to the divorce that I don't feel the need to share, but suffice it to say that I've been incredibly stressed about it. On top of that, I'm in the IB program with a heavy course load and am in the process of applying for college scholarships. I only work 10 hours/week at McDonalds, but it's still a fairly stressful job (I know, this is just the nature of the Fast Food Industry, but to be frank, I don't think I have the emotional capacity to deal with additional stress without falling into some kind of depression/pit of constant anxiety.) So my first question is: Should I quit McDonalds? I know it has only been a month, but I feel that my reasons are legitimate. I know I need to get used to handling additional responsibilities because I'm going to be in college soon, but ...I feel like I should also do things that make me a little happier.

This leads me into my second question. Recently, I applied to a local used book store (because I absolutely love reading and the atmosphere of that place!), but they said that they weren't hiring. I was a bit disappointed to say the least because I could handle a work atmosphere like that much better and even work more hours if I needed. With that in mind, would it be tacky of me to call them back and see if they've read over my application EVEN though they aren't hiring and I submitted my application only a couple days ago? Or should I wait a little longer? Or should I not call back at all?

I've thought that incessantly calling them would encourage them to look at my application and call me back first when they do start to hire again...

Thanks in advance for the answers!|||I'm going to be tough. First, grasp this golden opportunity to cope with all these competing causes of stress. "Divorce" yourself from your parents. Accept their decision and accept it. Get on with your life.

Work. Keep working at MacDonald's. Maybe cut back to six hours Accept answer from bookstore. Don't follow up.

Study. Be thoroughly organised. Use time when travelling to / from work to reinforce learning.

Seek counselling for your stress. Learn relaxing techniques.|||No don't call back because you will just irritate them
They told you they have no vacancies, so just leave it

Stick with the job you have, it's only 10 hours a week which is not much at all

Yes, you are going through an emotional time but maybe think what your parents are going through
it will be a whole lot tougher for them having to plan their future without each other
Talk to your parents, support them through this very tough time
Life is full of ups and downs, so this will be ahuge learnign curve for you
while you cope with it as a young adult.
Maybe also talk to other friends who have parents who have gone through a divorce, they can offfer support and advice probably
At least you are not going through exams just now
as this would make things a lot worse for you with all the additional pressure

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment