Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I am fourteen years of age and am interested in gaining work experience and a little extra cash.

Basically, I am having trouble finding jobs NOT in food-service. Honestly, yes, I could very well apply to McDonalds with all the other kids from my school, but that is not the kind of work atmosphere I am comfortable in, with minimum wage and too many people behind the counter.

I don't want to tutor, babysit, or teach piano lessons because those jobs are commission-based and I would prefer a fixed salary. It would be hard to gather clients. Also, I am beginning my job hunt now but will most likely wait until summer to take up a job, during which time my "students" would be on vacation or enjoying their break.

Retail might be okay, but I am not very persuasive and I hate the idea of standing on my feet all day and maintaining a sales quota.

Okay, so at this point I sound a little conceited and lazy, I know. In my defense, all I could ask for in a first job is one that will utilize what I have worked my whole life (hah!) to achieve: straight A's, 4.4 GPA, a 29 Composite ACT Score, a spotless permanent record, two partial scholarships to my private high school, proficiency in Spanish, expertise in piano performance, decent typing skills and more. Catch my drift? I haven't ever met a McDonlad's employee with these credentials, much less one in ninth grade.

In addition, a job that would give me experience or even learning opportunities in my fields of interest would be a plus. I am knowledgeable in biology, chemistry, medicine, and algebra, as I hope to be a pediatric anesthesiologist someday. English and reading comprehension are my best subjects, which is useful as well. Some jobs I am researching/considering include the following:

---medical technician (CPhT must graduate high school, Alabama law prohibits technicians under 17)
---research assistant---i have close friends who have done so, living at the University and assisting in their laboratories
---medical secretary
---sales associate

So, community, what do you think? Have I raised my expectations too high for a first job? Could you suggest other jobs for me or elaborate on the ones I provided? Am I cut out for the working world?

Thanks in advance for your honest opinion. =)|||Hey I didn't start work until I was 16 and now I earn bucket loads. You do what you feel your capable of. I think it's great your 14 and you want to start at the top but it does not work that way in the workforce you need experience and need to be confident and get yourself out there attitude. But you don't want to wait tables your whole life so do what you think you can for now and get the better jobs as your experience goes up. So just use these small times jobs as a stepping stone then get into the industries you want when you are eligible enough or wait it out until your at uni/college. You can get heaps of good jobs like that when your at uni or college.|||Why not start your own business and appoint yourself CEO?|||complete ur studies..............|||It's not always clear how to start looking for a job, I was in a bit of a hole during the last couple of weeks when I was job seeking, until I discovered the site in the box below that provides sensible instruction. I soon got myself going down the correct track, and in a few weeks after a couple of interviews I got myself a really good job.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment