Monday, February 6, 2012

I graduate high school on June 3rd. Finally turn 18 on June 16th.
I have straight A's, I take AP classes, don't drink/smoke/have sex. I'm a good kid
I have been looking for a job!!

In January, I lied on my resume. I said I had prior work experience as a server. It got me the job interview. The interview went great. But the interviewer ended it right then and there when she asked if I was 18. (She never said she had a minimum age requirement). I knew I would have had the job if I was 18.

Same thing with McDonalds. I built rapport with the interviewer and things were going great. She asked how old I was, and I could tell in her face that she was disappointed.
Why are GROWN people stealing high school jobs????

I am also SICK of seeing high school sophomores working part-time. What do they need that money for? Their smart phone? Gas for their SUV? The only reason they got the job in the first place because their mommy or daddy pulled some strings.

What am I going to do when it's time to start school?
I'll be going to school in NYC on a full tuition scholarship.
But I still need money for food, clothes (winter), metrocard for the subway, etc etc.

How am I going to live?
My mother cannot afford to help me. My father is not in the picture. I have no one. I have considered getting a sugardaddy, even though I'm a virgin in every sense. Maybe I will do stripping on the side.

I grew up below the poverty level. I have suffered from depression since I was 10 years old. I am very bitter. Angry. I feel like killing myself.


Why hasn't God provided me with a job when I have been praying for one???|||quit ******* whining. how about you do some research before you apply, or ask if it isnt there, about a minimum age. There are plenty of jobs that dont require you to be 18. and at this point, you might as well wait another three weeks. or, if you get an interview and they ask how old you are, say you'll be 18 in a few weeks. if youve done good on your interview, they will wait til youre 18 then give you another interview or hire you. besides, you'll need a new job when you move to NY. I live in Texas, which currently has one of the best economies in the united states. It took me 14 months to get a job, and I applied to over 18 places, some of them multiple times. If you havent noticed, the unemployment rate in America is right around 10%. You're not the only one without a job. Grow a pair. Go out and get a job, dont ask for one.

EDIT
Yeah, actually, I do. I was a minor when I got my job. I just turned 18 a few weeks ago. Does the term 14 months mean anything to you? Its ******* hard to get a job.
Ah, of course, a democrat asking for someone to do something for her rather than do it herself. How typical|||The only one who can give you a job is YOU. Looking for work can be hard work.|||i know exactly how u feel. i was in the same situation for a year or two and im done high school and i HATE seeing kids that still live with mommy spending money on crack and gas when ppl need to make a living off it but i got really lucky with a job fair at got my first job at mc d... better then nothin and like if i was u i probably wouldnt go to school and have no job cuz once u done its gonna hit u

btw God wont help you.|||Hold on to your purity! Once gone, you will never get it back! Also, I would not recommend lying on a resume. With your great qualities, you don't even need to. You might try going into restaurants and hotels to find summer work. Then, just act mature. They will probably hire you but maybe not as server, maybe as hostess. Then, just prove how outgoing you are and ask to be promoted to server. Good luck.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment