Monday, February 6, 2012

Im a 19 year old female, I live in an EXTREMELY small town. There is absolutly nobody hireing right now, and what jobs I do find they want someone with more experiance. Ive only had one job and it was a seasonal one at a halloween store for 3 months. I feel like im a failure because I still live with my parents, I cant find a job, I cant go to college (NO money without a job, and i cant get financial aid), And nobody that i know of with give me a scholarship to go to cosmetology school wich is pretty expensive, my dream is to become a makeup artist for someone such as Lady Gaga, Katy Perry. people along those lines, or a makeup artist for photographers. Everyone around me is succeeding and im stuck in the same rut ive always been in. I guess what im asking for is some advice on how to keep my hopes up because i just feel like giving up. I mean even Mcdonalds turned me down :/. I have all the skills people would look for im great with computers, money, communication, im a nice person, im smart. I need some uplifting people!!!|||Well, generally, it's really hard for people the get jobs right now. There are many, many people that have lots of experience, college degrees, etc. that can't find work, so I certainly wouldn't consider myself a failure.

Just don't give up. Ask someone you know, a former teacher or something, to look at your resume and give you a mock interview. Ask them to tell you honestly how it looks. Learn anything you can from this.

And, whatever you do, don't give up. Edison tried many times to get the light bulb right before it actually worked, the Wright brothers tried a bunch of airplane designs before they flew...you get the idea ;)|||In your situation I think it would be best to ask for free work experience. Try at a local beauty place. Then you can get the work experience you need and learn on the job and be more able to find paid employment later on; the place you work for free at would probably hire you eventually as well. It's probably not what you wanted to hear but a lot of people work for free to gain the experience necessary to find paid employment.|||I don't know why people insist that its a person's qualities that matter. Its all about the people you know. Become friends with a manager, or someone working there, and then see if you can pull it off. Look at the bright side though, at least you're not homeless...

...So its true then.... he didn't die of a stroke. Then what the f**ck killed him? No wait... it can't... it can't be.....|||Dnt dream more it makes sad|||The best idea is to have your own source of transportation and something close by. If one of your family members has a good position in a job or owns a company,restaurant,etc., then maybe you can ask that family member to get you a job with them for experience, training, and whatever else you need so when its time for you to move on to your own job, you already have experience, and somebody to write on how you are doing. If you have no family member that can do that, than like I said, make sure you have good transportation and look for jobs in near-by towns. Jobs also look at grades from highschool.

Jobs also look at a workers appearance. If you have tattoos, thats a little on the down side. If you dress too casual or sloppy, thats definately on the down side. How about grammar? Do you use slang like, "Oh nah, I aint like that" or something of the sort?

Lastly, make sure your resume is GOOD. Reread it over and over, and even act like its not yours and read it and make sure its good enough. Get your parents to read it and see if thats good.

When you have done those, you are pretty much good to go. Have a firm handshake, a smile, but don't sound like you superly-duperly need the job. Well just be YOU and confident. And if you can't find the answer to a question right away, like if they ask you "Why do you want to have this job?" and you kind of freeze, just repeat the question going "Well, I want to have this job because _____..."

Remember, BE CONFIDENT! And hey, my brother is 19, and he still lives with me and my parents. Don't feel like a failure, sometimes its just easier to stick with your parents because its a free place to live while you are still getting ready to "take off" :)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment