Monday, February 6, 2012

I graduated from high school in 1990 with a full scholarship to a local community college. Because of social anxiety disorder, I dropped out of college. I used alcohol to cope and skipped around from job to job and sometimes went unemployed. I got married in 2003 and quit drinking in 2005. I have currently been employed at McDonalds for the past 3 1/2 years. Because of my social anxiety disorder, I only work in the grill area. Because S.A.D. limits the jobs I can apply for and my work history isn't the best, how would someone like me get a better job?|||you could start by looking in a local paper or on noticeboards for somthing more interesting. At this point do not hold too high expectations. you are not going to get a 'good' job just like that :) at this point its to simply get outta mac donalds as employers tend to look down on macdonalds employees, which is stupid but still. go for somthing that you would enjoy, and can work at.

you mentioned that you jumped around alot of jobs. in an interview you can turn this to your advantage by mentioning how it has given you alot of experiance at different types of work and will enable you to overcome any challenges you may encounter in the work place.

You graduated from school, so you obviously have certificates, however you also could look into getting enroled in courses for I.T or somthing, people who offer wordprocessing qualifications or spreadsheet knowledge will generally have a higher chance of getting a job than someone who hasnt.

where abouts do you live? some countries may have these courses offered for free.

You could also look and see if there was volunteer work, a couple of hours work at the weekend down your local charity shop or somthing will look good on your C.V and probably give you a few more connections.

just start to build up a little repitoire, assuming you are comfortable with doing these things. it will also help to stretch the boundaries that you have in relation to you SAD. it will take time but you will know you are in the right job when you feel comfortable enough.

hope this has given you some ideas :) best wishes|||This makes me sad =(
No one on Yahooanswers is going to make things better,

only you can....

either live with it, or get over it.

I know it is hard, but you have to face it.

To start out with, you should have never let it become who you are. Therefore, it's controlling you and not being able to not live your life.

I don't know what to tell you.

I think you should talk to a doctor or a therapist, get medication to soothe it down, get therapy, and take control.

Bless you.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment