Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I need a job desperately. It's like a a life or death situation. I'm starting college in January but I still need a job to pay for it's other expenses like books since FAFSA doesn't cover everything. I did apply for scholarships but it takes like 2 months or so before the winners are decided after the deadline and even then I'm not guaranteed to even win them.

My mom can't help me because she's still begging me for money from when I had a temporary job and she still owes me money. I don't want to ask my dad because I know he's trying to help my grandmother get her house fixed.

I would hate to work at fast food restaurants like McDonalds but I did swallow my pride and apply to almost every fast food that I could get to without having a car, since I don't have one, and no one has called back yet and it's been months. It's the same old story over and over again: No one is hiring or they want someone with experience or the place that is hiring is out of my means of transport.

It got so bad that I even had to go to Craigslist. I almost got a job too on until I found out that the interview was being held in Baton Rouge. So I'm back to square one.

Are there any other options that I can look into? I've only had one job my entire life and that was through a job program that is only for the Summer.

And please no rude comments they will just be ignored. This is a serious question so I expect, or rather hope, that whoever decides to answer this will take it as such.|||WHERE? Duh.|||Have you tried the corner??|||This may not answer your direct question, but I believe it is good advice for anyone who is looking for a job. One thing that job seekers seem not to know or forget is that all employers are looking for a certain type of worker. They are looking for an honest, hard working, fairly intelligent and dependable employee. They are also looking for a person who can get along with the public and other employees. If you don鈥檛 have every one of those characteristics, your chances are slim and none to get and hang onto a job.

Always think about who you would like to hire if you were looking for an employee. Would you hire you? Look at yourself at the way you walk, talk, dress and even write. (Have someone proofread your application before turning it in. Fill it out in pencil first, then erase and use ink) Are you a dependable employee鈥擨 mean a really dependable employee? If you were to be asked that question, how would you answer? Would you want you out on the firing line talking to customers? Why? You would want the best person talking to your customers, wouldn鈥檛 you? Are you the best person? Why?

Your wants, needs and desires are not really important to a business owner. Stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about how you could improve the business you want to work for. Put yourself in the driver鈥檚 seat and let the interviewer know who you are and what you can do for them. Somehow let them know that you are their best choice from all the others that are applying for the job.

If you really want to get hired, you should be camping out at the nearest library reading every job hunting book you can get your hands on. These books are a great help. Read them several times. It has been said that getting the job is harder than the job itself鈥攕o you need to be PREPARED. Good luck.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment