Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I would really like to have some of my own money this summer, as well as pay my Father back for some really expensive, but educational stuff he just bought me. However, I'm planning to apply for the Bill Gates Millenium Scholarship and it would really help if I had a bunch of volunteer hours. I would guess that right now I have about 50 hours, which I'm not satisfied with.
Also, our local McDonald's wants to hire me right after the school year is over (May 29th) BUT I have a school trip to a college on June 4-5 and I don't want to ask for time off right after I start working there.

So do I just start working on the 6th or 7th of June? OR Do I do volunteer work this summer instead?|||I think the priority should be your future. Getting into college and getting your scholarship. Make the other things work around that. Let your Dad know your thoughts, he clearly is supporting your education and not wanting you to end up sacrificing that.

There usually are more than two choices. Can you do both? I bet McDonalds can wait if you tell them you are not available until after your trip. Then you have to have short enough hrs. to do some volunteer work as well. If they can not accommodate you can you work elsewhere? It is amazing what things people need help with these days鈥hat are you good at?
Let us know how you do!|||This is totally up to you. Volunteer hours is a great thing, but should not take up your whole life. If you plan on working at McDonalds then inform them that you are taking time off on the 4th and 5th. Let them know before you start working. Tell them, yes i would like to work there and then inform them about your trip. School is the most important thing in life!|||Get a job that pays you some money and that way you will have some spending money plus pay your Father some.

You will feel better getting paid for what you do.
Volunteer work is great especially for the ones that don't need any extra money.|||You should do both. Don't start working until the 7th of June, let them know why, they should understand. However, work part time, like 3-4 days a week so you have 1-3 days allotted for doing volunteer work.|||Well. if you need community service hours to graduate, do that. But working is always great and you still have the school year.|||you should try to get a job but the economy is bad, but if you don't make it you shuold volunteer too get job experience|||I think you should so you can get sum extra cash and it gives u something to do while ur bored|||you should get some money and you can use it on tings,
but the volunteering can help with volunteering hours if you need any|||Talk with your father then McDonald's.|||you get out may 29th?! lucky i get out june 24th.... and yeah you should get a summer job if you want money.....|||both.work on the days you work and volunteer when your off.|||get a job and make sum cash|||I would work.Money always help

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment