Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm a 16 year old girl and I've sought approval from others my entire life. The one thing I've always wanted above all else is social acceptance and approval. Everything I've strived for is ultimately related to my desire to be accepted by people. I've worked at McDonalds to save up money to buy clothes, lost weight, perfected my English, and I'm currently taking 5 AP classes. I took a few SAT practice tests on my own over the summer and recently I got my PSAT score back. I got a 219, which is high enough for national merit scholarships in my state.

A lot of intelligent people with talent in my school are respected in both real life and on Facebook. They get 20+ likes whenever they post a status. I know some seniors who are going to ivy leagues, and they are smart, attractive, and well-liked. Whenever I post a status, I get 1-3 likes. Some people including my friends also ignore me when I message them on Facebook.

I feel like I'm not respected no matter what I do. I'm nice, carefree, and I'm not a braggart. I want to deactivate my FB account, but i need to stay in contact with people whom I frequently do group projects with. Help!!|||Look you're not alone, Facebook is to me like the News, depressing.
People don't love what I post, but I post it becuase I think they should know.

Perhaps you are too good for your peers/misunderstood.

The real world is actually more fun.
Meet people.
Grow. & F*ck facebook it's a popularity contest where the winner gets counted in a database of marketers.|||i also hate facebook and i made me depressed a while back. i rarely go on anymore. i honestly dont care. after a while, most people have found out that i hate facebook and instead text me or something. idgaf about it really. neither should you. especially since you got a flipping 219 on the SAT. i got a 151 trying my best and i go to a collage prep high school....|||It doesn't matter if people like your statuses or not whats important is what you think of your self (wow that sounds corny) Facebook is a growing trend but lets face the facts its still only an online server that serves as a substituted for social contact it should not matter what happens on Facebook.|||Get off Facebook and go outside, there is snow :D|||1-3 Likes, nothing to be ashamed off, i dont even post stattuses because nobody cares what im up too / my thoughts on stuff, try to make your stattuses more interesting if you want more 'Likes', as i say, nobody could give a care in the world what i write on there, yet i dont let it get me down cause at the end of the day, its only Facebook.. Real life is where its at.
Also, if you want to get away from facebook, only use it for the chat, who cares about peoples stattuses, or if you cant stand the site of facebook, you could try msn, although not nearly as many people go on msn as they used too.

Good luck, and good job on all those achievments you listed, you should be proud of yourself.

火车采集器
  • language translation
  • acura rsx
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment