Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm a 16 year old girl and I've sought approval from others my entire life. The one thing I've always wanted above all else is social acceptance and approval. Everything I've strived for is ultimately related to my desire to be accepted by people. I've worked at McDonalds to save up money to buy clothes, lost weight, perfected my English, and I'm currently taking 5 AP classes. I took a few SAT practice tests on my own over the summer and recently I got my PSAT score back. I got a 219, which is high enough for national merit scholarships in my state.

A lot of intelligent people with talent in my school are respected in both real life and on Facebook. They get 20+ likes whenever they post a status. I know some seniors who are going to ivy leagues, and they are smart, attractive, and well-liked. Whenever I post a status, I get 1-3 likes. Some people including my friends also ignore me when I message them on Facebook.

I feel like I'm not respected no matter what I do. I'm nice, carefree, and I'm not a braggart. I want to deactivate my FB account, but i need to stay in contact with people whom I frequently do group projects with. Help!!|||I'm sorry :( . As far as seeking approval from others , you will learn as you get older that you do not have to do this . I as well was like that when I was your age and through my 20's . I woke up one day and said why am I kissing peoples behinds for acceptance . Another thing to add the friends you have now most likely you will not have when you go off to college . Being 16 yrs old is a tough age focus on grades and try not to care what others think ... I'm serious in a few years you will care less . It's sounds like to me you have everything going for yourself but your insecure , which you should not be . I'm sure there are several that look up to you and you don't even know it .

As far as Facebook I hate Facebook . Yes, it's a great way to communicate with lost friends and family but it causes more drama than good . IMO I would ditch FB and communicate via phone or email on class projects .|||dont take it personally, i feel the same way, get more friends, be more spunky or whatever lol. do something everyone will like you for, in other words be the popular girl. my cousin is the popular one and im the ugly one. so i only get 1-2 likes too. come up with really funny status's and stuff.|||Dont worry,your not alone.even i get made fun of or i get delclined by everyone.best thing to do is focus in school sounds like your doing very well.im sure your parents are very happy with your grades.i dont have that much friends either,but i take it as a good thing because some friends can get you into trouble. i hope this helps. keep up the good work :)|||First off this is politics not your mental health support page. They got one in the psychology section under social science though. My advice to you is get over your everybody needs to love you mentality. I don't give a f*ck what people think of me if I know I'm right. **** them and their dumbass opinions. You make yourself a lamb the lions will eat you.|||Carissa, you sound very likable. I think though, you only think you want the set of friends you have now. Make some new ones. What are your favorite interests? Pursue them through clubs and events.It'll work out.|||You are apparently not completely carefree as you seek on-line praise. You are taking the social networking thing a bit far. You need to like yourself and from there good things follow.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment