Thursday, February 9, 2012

My birthday (April 7) is coming up and I'm going to be 12. Most adults think that that is the best time of your life, and I know I'm supposed to be happy and all, but I'm not. I feel empty. Nothing I or anybody else has done has helped me. I live in a poor family. Right now, we have about 12 pieces of real furniture and people at school always tease me about it. My mom is a smoker, and I know she won't live but about 3 more years. I don't have a family, or a dad who wants me. I feel that my life ahead leads up to working in Mcdonalds. I have no college money or scholarships. I feel like my life is just gone. I feel like my body is doing everything while I watch and just stand by. I have panic attacks alot and I know that I have depersonalization, and that I'm not very healthy. What can I do, or how can I change my life around?|||First off, kiddo, I worried about that at your age, too. Yes, it can make a child prone to getting depressed at such a young age. I've been there; been depressed, had a tough life growing up. My family wasn't as rich, either. I didn't have very many friends, but I still graduated high school and made it through life. Yes, it took me longer, but as long as I tried, I made it through the tough times. I've been to college and look... college isn't everything.. FIRST OFF.. worry about your H.S. education, THEN college, but I'll prepare you some to ease your worries. College is great. Better than middle school and especially better than high school. Well... from my experience, it was great.

You can always get grants from being low-income. Grants for getting good grades. Grants for African Americans and Hispanics (if you are one of these races). Grants for the major or what you want to study for in college. Federal grants. There are lots... LOTS of resources. You can talk to a school counselor and she can inform you about all this or you can drop me a line anytime at Luvs2Write16@aol.com.. I'll always be here to listen.. k? If not... it's all cool.. I wish you the best.

Michelle|||First of all being twelve is tough because of your hormones and your growing, then throw in alittle poverty into the mix and it really can get to you. But there has been so many many people that have made incrediable changes in their lives and they had nothing as children. I grew up with a father that was sexually abusive (thank Goodness he left) my mother was depressive and slept all day. We had our furniture ceased and put out on the street in front of all our neighbours. I hardly had any money for school clothes at your age. We ate Kraft dinner and hot dogs..and fruit well that was so special occassions..(it sounds like I made this up to tell my grandchildren,,when i was young I had nothing ;-) but it was true. I used to have asthmas attacks and basically no one took me to the hospital. I didnt have any toys just a slinky and a rubber doll. Well today I have a successful business and I decided that I would have a better life and I do. You are going to study hard and go for scholorships.. If I could do it YOU can do it...come on,,,be positive,,be strong,, you are going to be a strong woman one day...BELIEVE in yourself,,,pray to God you will make it..you will see...|||If your life sucks so much, and your poor, why do you have a computer?|||darlin, please find a way to get into therapy of some sort... if you can't talk with your mother, perhaps see the school counselor or an adult you trust for direction.

perhaps they can talk with your mother in your behalf.

there are funds available so that people who can't afford therapy are able to go... you will need to check to see if your county offers a mental health program. otherwise ask an adult to help.. i hope this adult will be your mom.

do this for YOU... you deserve to be happy.

i hope you have a nice birthday.|||First of all..You should be using every thing that you mentioned as motivation. Hold your head up high. You sound like you are a very intelligent girl. Work your butt off in school, and maybe you WILL receive a scholarship. If not that's what college fund loans are for. Set goals for yourself, and work hard to accomplish your goals. Use all the negative energy around you as motivation to achieve happiness.Trust me its hard, but it is completely possible. And to anyone who says you cant do it, tell them to kiss your *** and then watch you. Be strong, Your future is in your hands. Good luck to you, and don't forget to pray. Prayer really works.|||well nothing is wrong with you its just that alot of people have been made fun of for stupid thing and i know cause ive been through half of that all i can say is try to sit down and talk to your mom tell her how you feel and save up money that way soon you will have a college scholarships and at 12 alot of people dont have that well i hope that helps some!!!!! bye bye bye!!!!!|||Well, when you're 12 you're just starting really into puberty, and it's a tough time for any young girl. I went through that too, and it was hell. Also, sweetie, you really need to talk to your school counselor about the way you're feeling. Maybe they can help you see someone else about the panic attacks. If kids are making fun of you, because of things you have, or don't have then you don't need them, and really, you should pity them. I wouldn't take what they say to heart. There are all sorts of resources out there that will help you educate yourself when you're old enough for college... You can get grants. You realize that you're not very healthy, so from this day forward start doing things to better your health, research it, and talk to other people. I get the feeling that you're a very smart girl, or you wouldn't be on here trying to get help. Hang in there, and don't be afraid to ask for outside help. God speed to you!|||just dont have the negative additude like you do right now.

you'll get through this...

if you have a best friend or a sybling or even a teacher to talk to that you trust enough to talk about it...then you will feel better as time goes on.|||All those people that tease you either have no idea what you are going through, they have either had things handed to them on a silver platter, or are in the same situation and picking on you makes them feel better. There are a ton of government grants and such that you don't have to pay back. I am not sure if you are on the medical card through welfare or anything, but sometimes they will pay for you to go to school. Also there are some colledges around ohio atleast that are payed for by the government and they actually pay YOU every quarter. Honey, even if you do end up working at "McDonald's" you can do that. Save up money for a few months and you can get into technical schools. They usually aren't all that expensive to go to either. And alot of times they take you even if your highschool GPA. Wasn't that good. You can also go to them to get your GED and such, so I am sure it won't be that hard to get into. My best advice for you would be to just focus on school, not sure what your GPA is, but definently work on that and pay attention. Even going to a technical school you have to take an entrance exam. Good luck in all you do hun!! :D|||NOthing is wrong with you I fell the same way. I wear hand-me-downs and most of them have holes. My dad WAS a drunk my mom dosen't pay attention to me very often. I have an 18 year old sister with a child. I live in a house with 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom with a toilet that does not flush very offten. I have is friends that love me.|||First of all Happy Birthday, you are at a very critical age right now and from you question you seem fairly intelligent. I know it may seem like you don't have much but you can still have a great life. Start by concentrating on your education. The grades you make in the next few years can help you get a scholarship to college. Try getting involved in your community, it looks good on college applications and it will allow you to see outside of your own problems. Also try joining a youth organization or church group. You need to surround yourself with positive and successful people. Remember you are young and your whole life is ahead of you. What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. Good luck.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment