Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm thinking about not continuing college after I complete my AA degree. An AA is 2 years of college (often at a community college, like in my case) and it's basically just general education like math, science, history, and enlish, with a few electives in a chosen career path. My electives don't follow any particular career path/major though, because I haven't been able to pick a career that requires a bachelor's degree, since I don't like any of those careers. So I'm thinking about not getting a bachelors (2 more years at a university which is more specialized in a certain career path).
Someone told me that employers will see people who only have an AA as college drop outs, but I am so sick of school. I hate it. I have a scholarship that pays for 75% of tuition to go to college to finish getting my bachelors but I am more interested in public service jobs like a flight attendant or a mail carrier. These jobs don't require college and I'll even have my AA so that is extra for a job like that, and so I don't see how the employer could view that as I dropped out of college.
I'm worried that society, my family, and friends will look down on me if I don't get my bachelor's and go to a university though.
I'm also worried that in the future I won't be able to marry someone with a college degree because I wonder if they would look down on me too. Do guys with college degrees and careers that reflect those degrees not want to marry girls who don't have college degrees?
I'm not like a gold digger or anything - that's not why I brought that up - it's just that I plan to be a stay-at-home mom, and I want to home-school my kids when I get married and have kids, so that would mean only one income, and usually these days that would require the one income to be from a career that requires degrees.
It's not like I'm quitting school to work at McDonalds though, I still want a valid career until I have kids, and a postal service or stewardess career is honest work, but I just don't know...
Please help!|||No, but check this out:
You have college paid for 75% for you. Take advantage, otherwise it shows that you are not smart enough to function in society. Also, you'd be surprised even at these "public service" jobs require a degree. Now, if you are happy making less than $40,000/year, then stop school and start your struggle. To give up a scholarship because you are being lazy is plain stupidity.
Also, how do you plan on being a stay at home mom when you aren't going to be able to earn a decent living?
I have an AA, trust me, it doesn't make you any more valuable than not having one, but it does get you further. A Bachelor's is even better. That's why I'm PAYING to go back to school - while working for a bum's wage, bringing up my family, and trying to make ends meet.
Nobody will look down on you , as you mean, but everyone will be looking down on you when you are on welfare sucking up public assistance. The postal service isn't going to hire you, and you really are dumb if you think they are hiring stewardesses right now. Turn off MTV and watch the news once in a while honey, your dream career is in jeapordy. Finish school, pick something interesting. I know...there are no interesting Bachelor's programs out there. There's only like 500 different Bachelor's degrees available. Don't be stupid with the opportunity that you have.
If you hate school so much, take a year off and go work in "public service" and see if you really think that's for you.
Also, as a guy, I'd tell you nothing is less sexy than a dumb broad looking to get hitched and make babies without supporting herself first. I'd much rather have a smart, educated, independent, woman than someone who throws out a scholarship opportunity so she can be a stewardess. At least be a stripper and make some money if that's what you want to do. GEEZ|||I think you have to do what makes you happy. If you don't love what you do then its not worth doing at all. I am currently going to be an RN and I recently decided not to go for my bachelors and get my associates as well because I am having the same problem as you with being tired of school. I really want to be a nurse though and this is why I'm sticking to it. I think if you want to be a flight attendent, postal worker, etc. that you should go for it. Do what makes you happy and you will find a guy that loves you for who you are not what job you have. It's your decision and no one elses and you should do what you think is best not what everyone else wants you to do. Trust me I have learned this the hard way from my experiences from college, but I think that I am on the right path now and I think you will figure it out too. Hope this helps :)|||Hey, sweetheart thank you for answering my question I really appreciate it.
I really think that you should actually think about what you want out of life and what makes YOU!!!! truly satisfied and contented. Furthermore, a man that truly loves you will love you

no matter what and it does not matter what study, qualification, or certificate you have. he should love you NO matter what as a result don鈥檛 stress over that and you shouldn鈥檛 feel like you should meet up to other people standards in life because you will never be happy and you will always feel stressed and worried.... look into your heart and go with what you want

when someone really loves you they will not care about that
Good luck and Hope I helped
but go with what you think will make you happy|||I think you would have more job opportunities, but if you don't want those types of jobs where you need a bachelor's degree, why bother? Just to make everyone else happy? I don't think anyone will judge you, and if a man doesn't like that you dropped out, he's not worth it. Just think about if you would care if someone in your family doesn't get their bachelor's degree. And if you don't get one of those extravagant jobs, you would be able to start your family quicker.
do whatever makes you happy|||Yella ! Erocker 1 and the others are right on the money and I wish I would have had the opportunity that you have right now.
Remember Yella " You will never be this young again" put some leather on and push through it..::)) Good Luck !!

火车采集器
  • veganism
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment