Friday, February 3, 2012

“Why I am a worthy candidate to receive a scholarship and how it will help me achieve my goals”


Why am I a worthy candidate to receive a scholarship? When a grown man of 33 years of age looks in to the future what does he see? Many beautiful houses, kids laughing as they ride there bikes down the street, families leaving on week long vacations, kids telling other kids that their mom is a doctor, and their father well has been layed off or is flipping Big Macs at the local McDonalds. I have a beautiful family, and a loving wife that supports me on the decision to return to college after being gone for 10 years.
My father after graduating from high school enlisted into the United States Navy, and served our country over in Vietnam. My mother after graduating high school started to work for Mr. Ralph Stolle. My parents never had the opportunity to go to college and receive a Degree, and the thought of finally being the first person in my family to receive a degree makes me proud, and would make my family proud. To have a career that my children, my wife and I can be proud of, and not afraid to say “My father or husband is a Medical Laboratory Technician is a proud and goose bump feeling to have.
I am worthy of a scholarship because I work hard for everything I have. I want to be able to support my family during hard economical times. Layoffs from major manufactures only depress, and put a financial burden on the family. I want to be able to do more than flip the big Macs at McDonalds for seven dollars per hour. When I go to a special event or even hang out with new friends sometimes its embarrassing to actually tell them what you do for a living. That is when the bad conscience takes hold and says to me “ Just tell them something like you’re a doctor or some kind of professional!” is what I would say but not all the time. I grew tired of saying that along time ago. Now I’m not getting any older and wiser I need and want to study hard and receive my degree and give back to people and my family what they have been missing from me for the past 15 years.
The scholarship that you are offering will help me to achieve my goals by supplying the money for tuition and books. My finances are wrapped up pretty tight in the web of this economic crunch. Family is very important to me and my wife and kids are all in school and now I want to go to school, work and receive my degree from Edison State Community College in Piqua, Ohio. When I look to the future pass the point of receiving my degree I dream of someday being able to teach other students like myself and give them the knowledge and strength to accomplish their dreams and aspirations just as I will teach and Inspire my children to believe they can accomplish anything they want if they are determined and want to work just a little harder.
This is why I deserve the scholarship and how it will help me achieve my goals.

|||Yeah....no....not too well written. I would guessed a 15 year old wrote it. Sorry.|||Tim-

Do not post a question and then not bother to resolve it yourself, especially when you are asking people to read over an essay, which takes time. Thanks to you, I am never reading any essays on this forum again- you suck and are a terrible writer!

Report Abuse

|||Wow........

First of all you don't post essays on the Internet someone might steal them.

Second, wow.....|||I would suggest going to a tutor perhaps to help you with your writing. I know this is not the ideal situation, but honestly, your essay needs a lot of work. Try and see if there is an english or writing tutor in your area, or even at your school. I think the message of your essay is sweet, but the writing really needs a lot of work. |||Tim-

Please email me so that I may send you my edits. Yahoo Answers is not allowing me to post such a long response, but I spent too long on this to not have you read it/look over my suggestions.

Thanks

火车采集器
  • car stereo
  • 1 comment:

    1. I want to say thanks once again to this great man called Dr Unoko and his spiritual way of helping people am Sarah Jude from Japan i lives in USA with my husband we love each other and also he care about me always look forward to make things easy for both of us 9 years after our wedding, we both work harder to make a family greatest surprise, we have a kid after some times again, we have another one so with this, we live in peace and he was so honest to me shortly, he started misbehaving that i don't know what is going on then i asked him. Darling what is going on? you are so strange to me this few days hope i have not offended you? he said no. Not knowing he have and affair with one lady out side who promised him a car an apartment in one estate were i cannot see him also when he cannot see me i manage to stay with him pleading him he should forgive me if have wrong to him he started complaining he has no money that he has lost all his money in his business that he needs some money then i asked him how much is this money you are looking for? he did not know i can afford it. Then, he said $14,000USD i promised him i we give it to him just for him to care about his family. My greatest surprise, the next day, i went to work and our two kids were in school not knowing his going to leave the house before i come's back i met some of his things outside i was waiting for him to come back he never come back i cried i miss him so much and he have taking all my money away i was only left with $800USD. One day, as i was ready a blog i saw a testifier made by someone in Australia called Julie telling people about how this man call Dr Unoko helped her and the man's contact email was there and his mobile number then i contacted him for a help and really, he brought back my husband now am so happy my brothers and sister if you are in such relationship problem kindly via Email {dr.unokospelltemple30@gmail.com} or call +2348103508204 he we help you solve all your problems Sarah

      ReplyDelete