Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'm a Hispanic male living in NYC
Unweighted GPA: 86
Weighted GPA: 89
I took all honors courses except one math. I also took AP Biology, AP English, and AP Spanish.
SAT: 1st time: Reading: 490 Math:550 Writing:500
2nd time: Reading: 600 Math: 590 Writing: 620
3rd time: I'm waiting for the scores to come in but focused on getting higher in math and reading.
-Wrote a good essay. (can't really tell how good it is but yeah..)
-I have 3 recommenders: my Master Sergeant (I'm in JROTC), the head of the forensic institute, and my chemistry teacher.

Extra curricular's:
-on a very demanding armed drill team for JROTC (3 hours everyday after school and 8 hour saturday practices) and won National Championship. #1 Armed drill team in the nation.
-Over 500 hours of community service: includes food drives, clothes drives, marching in various parades, volunteering at nursing homes and Ronald McDonald home, and park clean ups among other things.
-Won a full scholarship to attend Michigan Tech University for 2 weeks to study civil engineering during my summer after my sophomore year.
-In Aspira (Hispanic heritage club)
-in Arista (National Honor Society)
-Gateway (honors program for Hispanic and black students)
-in JROTC
-on my school newspaper (wrote articles for it)

Other schools I'm applying to:
Stony Brook
U Albany
U Buffalo
Boston University
Hofstra
Quinnipiac
Pace
U at New Paltz
U at Old Westbury
Hunter College
Baruch College
Queens College

My top choice would be Binghamton. What do you think my chances are at these schools? Is there anything I could do at this point to improve my chances?|||Actually you have a pretty decent shot at all of them.
Your SAT isn't fantastic, but it qualifies.
You've also taken some challenging courses and have a couple significant ECs.
The only thing that didn't impress me is the fact that you are Hispanic and took AP Spanish lol.

Again, you're a little on the low side, but you do have a decent possibility at all of them!
Work on your essays (revise them, get someone to revise them, and revise them again), and that will boost your chance at admission.

Good luck! Hope you get in.|||I don't think your qualified for these specifications.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment