Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm a junior in college, taking up English with a concentration on Adolescent Education. I want to teach abroad so badly and been researching for internships abroad. I've found that International House Madrid (affiliate of International House World) offers a one month intensive Spanish course and after that, will send a student to a Spanish company to intern without pay. However, if ever I'd do it, I'd have to pay 1170euros (this includes the 4-week intensive Spanish course and the job-placement). In addition to that, if I don't have a place to stay there, they have a host family that would provide bed and breakfast for me for 141euro a week (total of 1692euros for three months since 3 months is all I have for the summer).
In total, I would have to spend roughly $4700 for the Spanish class, the internship placement, and my b&b for three months. Moreover, I would still need pocket money for miscellaneous things. It's quite a lot of money, but want to do this badly.

Is this worth it?|||Overseas travel is amazing and really broadens your outlook. If you want to teach overseas, this would be a big help to give you attractive experience. You can get a student rail pass and travel on the weekends with other students in the program - safer that way.

The Department of Defense hires teachers for American schools overseas so that also would be an option. People like that would want to know that you have been overseas and culturally exposed. My daughter did a study abroad through University of Maryland that was amazing. She stayed in Madrid with a single mother with a young son. It was an amazing experience.

I might also mention that as a teacher you can take student groups abroad. I have done that several times. Teachers in overseas American schools take students on excursions. So, I say go for it. You will never have a chance like this again.|||Of course! Studying abroad is always worth it! You'll never have another chance in your life to do anything like it! If you're worried about money just make sure you plan well and save money where you can! http://www.studentuniverse.com/ can help you out with saving a ton on airfare, hostels, rails, cars, and things like that. Don't let costs hold you back. Enjoy your experience, you'll only get it once.|||YES!! I know it sounds like a lot of money but at the end is not too bad... I am from South America and when I came to the US to learn English I pay about the same money (if not more) for only the clases and the room & board....... you will be getting the work experience too so DO IT!!!

Good Luck!!|||YES!! Anything like that is well worth the opportunity... Not many people get a chance like that....It'll be worth it...and you'll find a way to get or make money. Good Luck!!|||yes

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment