Friday, March 9, 2012

“Hello…Red... anybody in there?” Noah says, whispering in my ear.
I let out an annoyed groan. I hate it when he calls me Red. It sounds so manly. He loves making fun of my red hair and burnt umber skin. When he’s not calling me Red he’s calling me Brown Cherry or Cherry for short.
“She’s alive! It’s a miracle!” he screams almost at the top of his lungs, throwing his arms above his head. My ears ring painfully from his loud shout which echoed through the proscenium.
I felt my temperature rise. “Yeah I’m alive but you won’t be if you don’t let me sleep.”
“Growl, I like my women feisty.” He teases.
“What do you want?” I look at the clock on the wall behind me. “The show doesn’t start until this evening and it’s not even past noon. Walkthroughs don’t even start until one.” I bury my head back into my pillow.
“I wanted to buy you breakfast. You’ve been working really hard and I think you deserve it. Money troubles?”
I look up at him, surprised. Noah knows me all too well. The electric got turned off in my apartment again and it was another late night in the theatre. Thought I might spend the night. Besides its warmer here than it is at home and I already had a cot laid out from last time.
“Yeah. What are you doing here so early? How’d you know I’d be here?”
“Just a hunch, besides, I could hear you snoring from the outside the Civic Center.” He says jokingly. “Where does all your money go? You work nonstop. You’re too young to be working yourself like this. You should be out partying and doing all the other things teenagers do.”
Ugh. Why is he lecturing to me? I frown at him. Ignoring his question, I sit up and try to change the subject. “You know boss doesn’t really like people here when he’s not around?”
“Look who’s talking.” Noah crosses his arms in a sassy fashion.
“He trusts me.” I let out a smart grin.
He grins back, giving me a hand to get up. “That’s because you’re a kiss ***.”
“Whatever, I don’t even kiss my own ***.”
As he pulls me on my feet I look around the area where I slept. It looks and feels so creepy backstage, especially at night when you’re alone. No wonder I was having nightmares.
“I bought you some clean clothes too. Go get cleaned up in the sink before we go. You look dreadful.”
“Thanks, you’re so polite.” I give him a sarcastic smile.
“I try.” He smiles back.
At the International House of Pancakes Noah orders two smiley face pancakes and two cups of coffee. Noah is such a goof but a great friend. He’s been there for ever since I started working at the Civic Center four years ago. I had such a passion for theatre and stagecraft that I worked for free because I was too young to get a pay check or join the union. Of course Mr.Donn, my boss, gave me all the worst possible jobs. He thought I was just a dumb girl and that i would get hurt. Noah had the same thought so he would watch me from a far. Whenever I made a mistake Noah, when no one was looking, would show me where I messed up and even give me a hand, selflessly risking his job. Before too long Mr.Donn really grew a liking to me.
“Here’s your breakfast.” The waitress says handing us our pancakes. “Hope you enjoy.” She gives Noah the final smile and a wink before exciting. Noah watches her from behind until she disappears behind the counter. I raise an eyebrow at him when he looks back at me from across the table.
“What? She’s cute. I’d tap that.”
“Your such a pig.”
“No, I’m just honest.”
Noah usually gets that kind of attention. Noah is in his early twenties. He’s tall and slightly built from working with heavy equipment.. His black hair curls a lot when it gets too long so he usually keeps it short, about two inches. He has a huge bright Aztec tattoo that covers his entire left arm and half of his neck. His eyes are a light brown and he wears wooden framed glasses. Judging by his style and appearance, to me he looks like a punk retro sexual.
“Thanks again…for everything.” I say to him before sticking my fork into anything.
“You’re welcome.” he says with a grin. “Finally today is the big day. Hopefully the critics will appreciate this version of “The Wall,” and hopefully we will do Pink Floyd some justice.” He says with slight worry in his voice.
“Yeah me too but we should stay confident. No going back now.” I give him a smile of reassurance.
When we finished Noah left a big tip and his phone number. It’s almost time to walk back to the Civic Center.|||I have read it & I'll be honest it's not really good. I was bored.

It doesn't seem to have a good beginning. I would recommend you to focus on the beginning.

The dialog is bland.

It doesn't have very good descriptions. For example the Aztec Tattoo, what colors are it? What type of design is it? Also, what type of day (or night) is it? Rainy, calm, etc...|||I liked it. You seem like a good writer. Good luck with the rest.|||I am going to be honest with you and tell you the truth like the other answerers have not done. I read all of your chapter and if I was reading it as a published book I would sell the book on Ebay after reading the first page. There is no start to a story, it is really boring speaking all the way through and there is nothing that lures the reader to carry on reading. I suggest that you scrap this story altogether and write in a different way and a much better way, but don't stop writing altogether you will soon get there.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment