Friday, March 9, 2012

Three come to mind for me, and I will name them in the order in which I like them:

First place goes to Village Inn and Pancake House, a chain I have mainly encountered in New Mexico. I have not seen them in many other places, but I suspect they probably have a few in other states. I like them because I got good service, good food and a reasonable price.

Second place goes to International House of Pancakes, a larger chain found in several states and in a lot of places in Texas, where I live. Again, I have found them to have good service, good food (especially if you like pancakes) and their prices are also pretty good.

Third place goes to Denny's. Now, honestly, I have had poor service at some of their restaurants, and excellent service at others. The quality of the food has also varied. Their prices are usually comparable to Village Inn and IHOP.

My yardstick for judging a good breakfast place is the Steak and Eggs platter. I like my steak rare to medium rare, my eggs over easy and the other sides should be hash browns or grits (but I don't care for grits.) At IHOP you get your steak and eggs with pancakes. That's usually an option at other places as well, but sometimes I like a biscuit or English muffin instead.

Which of these or which other chain gets you off to a good start in the morning? The Kettle? One of the above? Or is there another chain you like?

Mom and pop places are great, but this question isn't about them, so please limit your answers to chains with more than five restaurants. It's fine if it's one I've never heard of.

This is another in a series of questions about dining out. I like it, so share your ideas on where to go.|||East of the MIssissippi, it is Bob Evans. Great, great food. They are most popular for their breakfasts. Sunday mornings, expect a long line. Never had their steak and eggs, but the country fried steak is out of this world. Their breakfast meats (sausage links and patties, and bacon) are so famous they're sold in stores. Excellent sausage.

True national chains...Village Inn probably wins.

Colorado Only: Gunther Toody's Diner wins with no contest. A 50's themed restaurant, their breakfasts are incredible. Only 8 locations statewide, with most being along Interstate 25.

The BEST places for breakfast are local dives. I've lived in six states and travel a lot. The BEST local dive for breakfast is: Sammy's in Katy, Texas...just west of Houston. A greasy dive. The owner and his wife are the cooks. Their kids are the help (augmented, of course). Small, no nonsense, not fancy by any stretch, but WOW can they cook. Their huevos rancheros is the best nationwide.

Peace, and good eating.|||Forget chains when it comes to breakfast your best served going to an old fashioned diner where the eggs are real, the coffee hot,the service friendly, and the atmosphere pleasant. Of your choices, I guess I'd go with Denny's.|||mcdonalds|||Probably i hop|||None are, I like the locals.|||My absolute favorite place for breakfast is Friendly's. They have the best french toast i ever had! However, I have relocated and now the closest location is 45 minutes away, and I can't get up that early to go to breakfast. So, the place I normally go to now is Ihop. However, one thing I like better about them is that they have breakfast 24/7|||I work at Cracker Barrel and I actually don't mind eating there either, which should say a lot to anyone who's ever worked in the food business. They make their biscuits from scratch and are really, really tasty. For your steak and egg breakfast, it all depends on the cooks at the time and how much training they've had. More experienced cooks will send food out the correct way, every way where as less experienced ones may get steaks and eggs sent back for not being done properly. The Cracker Barrel's steak and egg breakfast comes with an 8 oz. steak, 3 eggs, hashbrown casserole, fried apples, grits, gravy, and biscuits. It's rightfully called The Country Boy Breakfast. They serve breakfast all day but they're only open 6am-10pm (11 on Fri/Sat).

You can substitute extra hashbrowns or apples for the grits for 89 cents or something like that. Or just extra gravy and biscuits.|||All three are good because they serve breakfast anytime. My favorite is Village Inn. I like their menu and service - they will substitute fruit and/ or vegetables for the potatoes (I'm not a big potato fan). Ours nearby has specials often to help cut cost at certain times too. There petite sirlon steak and eggs is always good (though I usually end up bringing home half the steak for a sandwich later). I also like there strawberry crepes they have had this summer - though again, I either bring half home or share with my husband because it is so big.|||Anyone NOT SERVING GMO food Dear Friend. You see I value my DNA that has been blocked by most chain-food-eateries because of the chems put within our food. So Dear Warren my answer would mostly be "NONE" because this MOST important crime against Humanity of GMO-fooding us to death there is no BEST it is all made to keep weight on and is most like I call it "Dead-Food". ****Great Question WarrenD it shows who has studied and did research on the Net. ALL the answers are out here NOW in this Grand Chess board of life so Please take advantage of the wisdom that people like WarrenD brings out for us to do so. Peace and Love to you all parts of OUR Whole. <3<3<3 :-)|||IHOP.
I love the Swedish pancakes. It probably goes back to my younger years. My best friend in school had a grand mother from Sweden. She would make Swedish Pancakes. We would eat them with butter and sugar.

Denny's is pretty good for breakfast. I used to bowl in a league and we would end up at Denny"s after the night for a late breakfast.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment