Friday, March 9, 2012

im applying to the a program and i need help editing one of my short answers....

here is the prompt: The UWC mission statement reads, “UWC makes education a force to unite people, nations, and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.” Please cite specific examples of how this mission has applied to your life thus far. (150 words)

this is what i wrote: Two summers ago I traveled to Spain by myself to study there and while I was there I had the pleasure of meeting other teenagers from different countries throughout the world. One moment that will remain stuck in memory forever is the first meeting between an Israeli girl and a Pakistani boy, at the beginning they suffered through the prejudices implanted in their brains from their parents, however since they had mutual friends they were stuck hanging out with each other. After awhile they became friends and ultimately forgot about their previous prejudices and left Spain with an unbelievable bond as forbidden lifelong friends. This moment in time reminds me that the future of the world lies within the youth and although our parents have enemies, those same enemies can end up being our best friends. This moment reminds me about the UWC mission statement because one common school, the International House in Madrid and one common goal brought together 2 teens from warring nations together and bridged the gaps to create a peace between them.|||edit it: Two summers ago, I travelled to Spain by myself to study. While I was there, I had the pleasure of meeting other teenagers from different countries throughout the world. One moment that will remain with me forever is the first meeting between an Israeli girl and a Pakistani boy. In the beginning, they suffered because of prejudices implanted in their brains by their parents. However, since they had mutual friends they were stuck hanging out with each other. After a while they became friends and ultimately forgot about their previous prejudices. They left Spain with an unbelievabaly strong bond of a 'forbidden' friendship.

This moment in time reminds me that the future of the world lies within the youth. Although our parents maybe enemies, those same enemies sometimes end up being our best friends.

This moment reminds me about the UWC mission statement because one common school, the International House in Madrid, and one common goal brought together two teens from warring nations together and bridged the gaps to create a peace between them.



dont forget to spell check. all the best.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment