Saturday, March 3, 2012

I would like to know the options of commuting from International house at university of Chicago to downtown. I have gathered that buses (CTA??) run from there through the lake shore drive and take about 30 min to reach downtown.
I would like to know the frequency of buses and if there are any other options. And whether I can get a bus to go back from downtown to international house late in the evening? How much would a taxi cost?
Is it a safe route? Will there be enough people around in June?
Thanks in advance...|||Hi, I work at the University & I catch the Metra.
You could get on at 59th or 57th (depending on the time); they run about every hour. It would cost you $2.15.
Check this link http://metrarail.com/Sched/me/me_msi.sht鈥?/a>
The metra is a lot nicer than the bus to me.|||http://chicagotransitauthority.com/
This site will help you with all your travel planning. Use the trip planner option and type in the addresses. You may also call 888-YOUR-CTA to get travel info. Public transportation in usually good in Chicago. If you have the option to take the train (the 'el') do so. It's fast and runs frequently.|||Call the University. The University has a free shuttle bus that runs from UC to downtown. I'm not sure of the schedule/stops but I work downtown and see it almost every day.

Someone in my office said the shuttle was for University employees not students.|||I second the person who recommended the Metra; it is MUCH nicer than the bus but does not run as often....check it out.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment