Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm a second year university student at the University of California, San Diego. Lately, I've been trying to make a big effort to get more involved in the University community, but I keep getting rejected from all the organizations I try to join. Last spring, I rushed for a fraternity I did not get a bid for. I thought I was socializing well and the brothers liked me, but I guess I was wrong about that. Then earlier this year, I tried out for a dance team, I didn't do very well at the audition, so I'm not surprised that I didn't make it. Even more recently I applied for a position as the marketing chair for a new organization which has goals to do community work in Africa and India. I really thought I'd get this position because I am well qualified and had a marketing internship over the summer. After that I applied to live in my school's international house, where foreign exchange students and university students live together in an apartment to give both parties a cultural experience. I thought my application essays were pretty strong, and I genuinely felt I had a lot to offer the place. I just got my rejection email right now, and this is really starting to bother me. I've gotten rejected by four organizations in a row. I'm not sure what I need to change for this to start getting better. Can anyone relate to this or have any advice.|||It might be a good idea to set smaller goals. Join some groups that you definitely know you will be able to get into. Try to join groups that do not require an application process. You may also want to look outside of the university for things in your local community to join. I hope you will find something that suits you well. Good Luck.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment