Friday, March 9, 2012

Every time I write something, I always get a slightly lower grade due to grammar errors. Mainly commas being in the wrong place. The assignment is strictly a 3 paragraph autobiography about our life, or a main event in our life (in my case its a main event). The last paragraph is only 6 sentences, by the way, just so ya know, lol. I know it looks kinda long. Ok, thanks!

Shekinah Mathis: An Autobiography - Moving to Kansas City

Around May of '09 Lou Engle visited our church promoting The Call. During the service he stopped and looked right at my dad, saying he felt like he came to talk specifically to him. Through a series of events following that, my dad took a trip to the International House of Prayer, and was blown away by what he saw; it confirmed so many things God had spoke to him years before.

Towards the end of my 5th grade year, God told us it was time to move on from that church, and that He was doing a new thing. This included leaving my school, and seeing my friends on a regular basis. People I'd gone to school with since preschool. I was really shocked and upset when I heard the news, but I got used to the idea. I started telling my friends goodbye; it became harder and harder for me as the summer approached.

That summer had to be the second worst summer of my life so far. Most of the time, I felt Isolated and alone -- although I kept in contact with my friends, and hung out with them at times it wasn't nearly as much as before. My parents would constantly be at odds, and I didn't understand God's plan behind all this. I was home schooled the following fall, and dad would continue to make trips to IHOP, taking us with him at times. Soon we felt God calling us t move to Kansas City, so in November of that year we made the 13 hour journey by car, and all our stuff and nanny, to Kansas City, MO. The process was stressful, I wasn't excited to be there in the beginning, and we had more trials ahead of us. We've conquered them all though, and now I have awesome friends, am finally back in school, and have encountered God in such a greater way than ever before. I'm so thankful for what God has, and continues to do for us.|||Here you go.

Around May of '09 Lou Engle visited our church promoting The Call. During
[Lou Engle visited our church promoting 鈥楾he Call鈥?around May of 2009. During ]

the service he stopped and looked right at my dad, saying he felt like he came
[the service, he stopped and looked right at my dad saying he felt like he came]

to talk specifically to him. Through a series of events following that, my dad

took a trip to the International House of Prayer, and was blown away by what
[took a trip to the International鈥?House of Prayer,鈥?and was blown away by what]

he saw; it confirmed so many things God had spoke to him years before.
[he saw; It confirmed so many things God had spoken to him years before.]



Towards the end of my 5th grade year, God told us it was time to move on from
[Towards the end of my 5th grade year, God told us that it was time to move on from]

that church, and that He was doing a new thing. This included leaving my school,
[that church. Because of that, he had done a few things. That included leaving my school]

and seeing my friends on a regular basis. People I'd gone to school with since
[and not being able to see my friends on a regular basis; People I had gone to school with since]

preschool. I was really shocked and upset when I heard the news, but I got used

to the idea. I started telling my friends goodbye; it became harder and harder for
[to the idea. I started telling my friends goodbye. It was becoming harder and harder for]

me as the summer was approaching.



That summer had to be the second worst summer of my life so far. Most of the
[That summer was the second worst summer of my life so far. Most of the]

time, I felt Isolated and alone -- although I kept in contact with my friends, and hung
[time, I felt Isolated and alone. Although I kept in contact with my friends and hung]

out with them at times it wasn't nearly as much as before. My parents would
[out with them, but it wasn't nearly as much as before. My parents were]

constantly be at odds, and I didn't understand God's plan behind all this.

(((I was home schooled the following fall, and dad would continue to make trips to IHOP, taking us
with him at times. ))) ???

Soon we felt God calling us t move to Kansas City, so in November
[Soon, we felt that God calling us t move to Kansas City, so in November]

of that year we made the 13 hour journey by car, and all our stuff and nanny, to
[of that year, we made the 13 hour journey by car with all of our stuff and nanny to]

Kansas City, MO. The process was stressful, I wasn't excited to be there in the
[the Kansas City, MO. The process was stressful, I was not excited to be there in the]

beginning, and we had more trials ahead of us. We've conquered them all though,
[beginning. We had more trials ahead of us. We have conquered them all through. ]

and now I have awesome friends, am finally back in school, and have encountered
[Now, I am finally back in school, and have awesome friends]

God in such a greater way than ever before. I'm so thankful for what God has,
[I have encountered God in such a greater way than ever before. I am so
thankful for what God had done,]

and continues to do for us.


The paragraph was not too bad, but please study harder in the areas bellow.
* Punctuations
* Run-on sentences
* Fragmentation
* Use I am, I had [Not I'm, I'd] There is nothing wrong with using "I'm", but you will get better number if you do not use it that way.

Hope this helps.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment