Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm a junior in college, taking up English with a concentration on Adolescent Education. I want to teach abroad so badly and been researching for internships abroad. I've found that International House Madrid (affiliate of International House World) offers a one month intensive Spanish course and after that, will send a student to a Spanish company to intern without pay. However, if ever I'd do it, I'd have to pay 1170euros (this includes the 4-week intensive Spanish course and the job-placement). In addition to that, if I don't have a place to stay there, they have a host family that would provide bed and breakfast for me for 141euro a week (total of 1692euros for three months since 3 months is all I have for the summer).
In total, I would have to spend roughly $4700 for the Spanish class, the internship placement, and my b&b for three months. Moreover, I would still need pocket money for miscellaneous things. It's quite a lot of money, but want to do this badly.

Is this worth it?|||Only you can really answer this question. Is teaching in Spain a dream of yours or is that the only country that has offered an opportunity? If you feel the experience is worth the expense, then yes, go for it. If you do not, then don't go. Have you tried to find an internship/job in an English speaking country? That way you already know the language and wouldn't have to tackle that mountain. Have you tried talking to the English department chair or another professor about what you would like to do? He/She may have some other options for you.|||I do not know this company either directly or by reputation, but the prices do not sound all that bad.

I lived and taught in Japan for three years. Very very good experience. I wouldn't give back a minute of it. It expanded my thinking a lot. I know there are other people who have had terrible experiences abroad; there are stories on both sides. For me, yes, worth it, no doubt at all.|||Sounds like a scam to me. Stay away. Want to go to Spain. Take the money you would have spent on this program, go to Spain and immerse yourself in the culture. You'll learn the language. Then donate your time at a school. At least you know its genuine. Why give some company money to exploit you?

火车采集器
  • mbusa
  • applebees careers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment